Options

Event Photos

FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
edited July 24, 2010 in Weddings
So I guess this goes with my other question and mods if this has to be moved please do, I am not sure if this is the right place but I did a first birthday party and here are a couple of the shots I snapped, would these be acceptable as event photos? What do I need to improve on? I used a speedlight, bounced to the ceiling.

4814105714_a6a800a987.jpg

4813482647_d1cc9f5dfd.jpg

4814104692_b875ff9b25.jpg

4813481515_3b53459c63.jpg

4814106284_015c08898c.jpg

4813484237_4d85c4d92c.jpg

Thanks for any C+C!!!! Of course I will be cropping them to whatever size she needs.
Flickr My, not quite there yet, website

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~

Comments

• Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2010
    I would say yes! These all look very nice, I shot the wedding reception the same way with flash pointed up to the ceiling.
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2010
    Thank you!!! It was so hard figuring out what to shoot aside from people dancing, and let me tell you, every single person was on the dance floor, so I went around and just kept snapping, looking for shots that capture emotions, that will help keep the memories.

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    flash directly at the ceiling can sometimes give dark circles around the eyes like in the last shot since all the light is comeing down ..just a tiny bit of forward flash (from the pull out card) or some diffuser will help this. If you go straight bounce then you need to bounce partly off a wall/ceiling combos behind or to the side so that you get some forward directintional light. It's not much of an issue in your shots here but something to keep in mind.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2010
    Qarik wrote: »
    flash directly at the ceiling can sometimes give dark circles around the eyes like in the last shot since all the light is comeing down ..just a tiny bit of forward flash (from the pull out card) or some diffuser will help this. If you go straight bounce then you need to bounce partly off a wall/ceiling combos behind or to the side so that you get some forward directintional light. It's not much of an issue in your shots here but something to keep in mind.

by pullout card do you mean the diffuser thing over the flash??

Thanks, it was my first event and i was so nervous because I had no idea what to shoot!!

• Options
    MadmodMadmod Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2010
    http://www.lumiquest.com/products/80-20.htm

Something like this might help if you don't have the pull out card on your flash.