Nauset and Scituate Lighthouses.

HaveCameraWillTravelHaveCameraWillTravel Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited July 21, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Hello again. My wife and I got back from a very hot-and-humid Cape Cod trip (one of many). It didn't help having a malfunctioning air conditioner in the car either. So, the next morning after arriving, I got up before sunrise and headed down to Nauset Light (while it was still cool), took a number of shots there just when the sun came up.

Later, on the return home, we stopped to check out the lighthouse at Scituate. Now I know why it's usually a bad idea to photograph in the midday sun. It's not only harsh lighting, but you could fry an egg on the rocks. The Scituate shot below was the result of doing something photographers often do - crazy things to get the desired shot. Anyone who negotiates treacherous, slimy rocks at low tide to get far enough out for this kind of shot is crazy! Lucky that I didn't fall and break my camera!

So, without further ado:

1. A not so common view of Nauset Light on Cape Cod.
941743601_nhYiW-L.jpg

2. Nauset Light, this time from the beginning of the inclined path.
941742597_c3oxp-L.jpg

3. Scituate Light, Massachusetts
941745281_M9fds-L.jpg

I hope you like them. Thanks for checking these out.

Art

P.S. If you have visited my site before, the lighthouse gallery has now been split into "Maine" and "Other" New England lighthouse galleries to keep the gallery sizes reasonable. If you'd like to see more lighthouses from Massachusetts (and NH, CT, and RI), just click the link below:
http://gonyeagalleries.smugmug.com/Nautical-Lighthouses/Other-New-England-Lighthouses/13012096_sQSPC#870610369_jgMtA

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2010
    I do like them. They are nice compositions. thumb.gif
    So true about the slippery rocks. A proper pair of gripping types shoes is
    sure a must. I've made the mistake of going out not having any on and
    the going was some difficult to say the least.
    Michael