Options

animoto wedding video - c&c please

liflanderliflander Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited July 22, 2010 in Weddings
I recently photographed my first paying wedding. Can you please offer C&C on these photos?

The gallery has all the photos, but I thought folks would be interested in seeing the animoto slideshow that I made with the wedding photos.

My question for experienced wedding shooters is how do you meter in fast-moving situations with mixed bright sun and shade? I shot this one using manual exposure settings, after getting a good base exposure for faces in shade with bright backlight (most of the ceremony). After the ceremony, lighting was changing quickly, and I think next time I will shoot in aperture priority and dial in exposure comp on the fly. What's your approach?

http://www.liflanderphotography.com/Weddings/Bob-and-Hilary/Hilary-Bob-Wedding-Video/

Thanks,
Mark

Comments

• Options
    edited July 22, 2010
    Re: animoto wedding video - c&c please
    Anyone? Bueller?
    Thanks.

LiflanderPhotography.com
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2010
    A link isn't usually enough to make me jump... but this time I did. (Consider adding a great pic to your thread to tantalize folks into wanting more and watch the vid.)
    My fav pic of the set: Bride laughing with bubbles around her. I think you did a pretty good job with the photos. All exposed properly and pretty nice comps. The one thing to make the animoto video better would be to only include one shot of each situation. It seemed there were about 5 of the same perspective of the ceremony. We only need one. Maybe I am just easily distracted or something, but my attention wavers if I see practically the same shot in a slideshow more than once.
  • Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2010
    I tried to look, but my husband is home sick, and the music made me close it before the first photo showed. Perhaps you could put a few here, as Heather said.

This is not a commentary on music on websites, by the way.
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2010
    Thanks for the replies, heatherfeather and smurfy. Here are a few from the wedding....what do you think?

1.925098489_4yPSi-M.jpg

2.925083698_DXTYd-M.jpg

3.925084436_2ZJzV-M.jpg

4.925091283_Y2Aoo-M.jpg

5.925105131_wVFp4-M.jpg

6.925111620_fsxhK-M.jpg

7.925115462_HZHJW-M.jpg

8.925115850_2atoK-M.jpg

9.925132981_hLPJr-M.jpg

10.925136066_5yQNK-M.jpg
  • Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2010
    The expression on her face in 3 with her dad is touching, and seven is great!

This bride may have been a bit more flattered with a higher camera position in number one. As a general rule, you want to minimize the double chin look that a lower position often creates, and slenderize the bride.

For kissing shots that you are directing (not sure if 8 was one that was spontaneous or directed by you), next time try to coach them to hang back when about a quarter inch from each others lips and stall for a moment. And again, go higher with the camera angle, even overhead, to flatter the bride.

Hope this helps, and thanks for posting them!