Options

Printing posters.

FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
edited August 1, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi all.

A few bands I have worked with are interested in getting some posters going.. using my pictures.

Well, me, being the adventurous yapper, yapped that I will look into that and see if I can get those printed. The things I need to know:

1) What are the dimensions of a standard band poster? I've googled it and am seeing all different sizes..

2) What service can I use to get them printed? I would like to have them printed in the same quality as store bought (or slightly less of a quality).. but need them to be affordable (on my side, at least)

3) What is the average cost for a poster? I am guessing I won't be able to do a store stocked poster just for the reason of printing costs..

4) Any special PP I need to do before printing?

thank you in advance.
Arseny - the too honest guy.
My Site
My Facebook

Comments

• Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2010
    I am in no way shape or form an expert; I don't even play one on the Internet. i just often read the directions. You may want to take a read of this page from SmugMug Help http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-quality

You maybe able to get the posters printed at a blueprinting or sign place. We get quite a bit printed there for work, but it is not selected by price but speed. Heck I have even gone to Kinko's (FedEx Office) when speed was needed more than price.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 21, 2010
    some standard poster sizes are 11 x 17, 13 x 19, 22 x 27 but your need will determine the output as will the cost based on quantity. If you're basically doing one-offs you're probably best at a Kinko's or, as Brad said, a sign shop. Try signarama.com
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2010
    thank you guys!

I am checking into everything.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2010
    might check out the back of Shutterbug, Rangefinder and professional Photographer......I have seen poster specialty companies in their lab section and prices were not bad at all.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2010
    2'x3' or 3'x4' are standard posters that you can find in music stores, but then again they make them in all sizes nowadays. I did a photo shoot once for Charlie Alshimer, and he had posters of his photographs for sale at the event. After the event I was talking to him and he said a company in Ohio run by an Amish family made the posters. They were very reasonable and do great work. I can't remember the name of the company but if you google that, I'm sure you can find them.
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer
    http://www.FredJClaus.com
    http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout
  • Options
    ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Art Scott wrote: »
    might check out the back of Shutterbug, Rangefinder and professional Photographer......I have seen poster specialty companies in their lab section and prices were not bad at all.

x2
    Chester Bullock
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    My Pictures | My blog
    Facebook | Twitter