A Plethora Of Abstract Colors

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited July 21, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
942691308_qr2BQ-XL.jpg

942691140_gZBFR-XL.jpg

942691483_GbCuX-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2010
    Neat ones Tom. Nice grabs.thumb.gif You are pretty conservation with the
    color saturation. Leaving them completely natural seems sorta unnatural :D
    I would be compelled to bump them up some anyways. But thats just me.
    Michael
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2010
    Hi Tom,
    I have to agree with Michael on this. I feel like they just need something.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited July 21, 2010
    Hi Tom,
    I have to agree with Michael on this. I feel like they just need something.
    The colors seems pleasant enough, but I think to be an abstract, an image should not be recognizable. That's what it means to me. Now I don't exactly know what these are--flags? jackets?--but I know they're cloth and machine sewn. If you are going for abstract, you need to work on these some more. Or just change the title--it's faster. mwink.gif
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2010
    Hi Michael,

Your comments and opinions are always valued. To say I'm a minimalist at PP is a gross understatement. What you would not know in this case, of course, is that these were all shot in B&W and I added the color later.

Just kidding. See my response to Liz below.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited July 21, 2010
    Hey Liz,

Good to hear from you. Never let it be said that I wouldn't add a little " pop " for a friend.....or even two friends, Michael included. See the revised shots above.....hope you like them.

Take care,

Tom
    edited July 21, 2010
    Hi Richard,

I'm always pleased to hear from your quarters. We may be enjoying an issue of semantics here. A dictionary says....in reference to art....that an abstract " has an artistic content that depends on intrinsic form rather than on pictoral representation ". I'm not sure I understand all that, but I'm sticking to my guns and calling these shots " abstracts ". They, at least, conform to my interpretation of the term.

Take care my friend,

Tom
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2010
    Hey Liz,

Good to hear from you. Never let it be said that I wouldn't add a little " pop " for a friend.....or even two friends, Michael included. See the revised shots above.....hope you like them.

Take care,

Tom

:D:DIt's the little things that make me happy.
    Thanks Tom. I like the additional pop much better.
    I'll turn you into a high contrast HDR lovin opposite or minimalist just yet:), but then you wouldn't be Tom, so nevermind.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2010
    Hi Michael,

Your comments and opinions are always valued. To say I'm a minimalist at PP is a gross understatement. What you would not know in this case, of course, is that these were all shot in B&W and I added the color later.

Just kidding. See my response to Liz below.

Tom
    Added the color later. Too funny. Always nice to be infected with your
    sense of humor. I know you are a minimalist. Doesn't mean I'm not going
    to give you grief about it. And yes by cracky I like the pop you recently
    ponied up with. Hope it wasn't too painful in the doing just this once. :D:D:D
    Michael