A Little Rain Gives Solitude To A Stroller - At Pont Neuf Bridge, Paris

BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
edited July 23, 2010 in Landscapes
I'm posting two versions of a photo I took in Paris last month. I had been up on the bridge and the situation was nornal, the top side swarming with traffic and pedestrians, and the river level filled with relaxing, picnicing, and strolling locals and some tourists. The rain opened up and the swarms vanished, only myself hiding below and cars above... This kind gent came strolling along, and I got several shots as he entered the shadows. He got the puzzled look people get when they see you're taking their picture, so I walked over and showed him the images to see if it was OK. He not only approved, he asked f he could have copies. He said he used the rain as a chance to take his strolls in peace and quiet... Enough back story...

The first photo is pretty much straight off the camera. I like the photo, but the rain and foggy mist that was there in person didn't show up much in the images - I tweaked it in PS with a graduated filter, trying to duplicate the view that I saw that day. Im curious as which you think is best. Also suggestions and constructive comments are welcome.

906408923_4Xf9J-L.jpg

943014776_qMqu4-L.jpg

Thanks for your feedback, John
Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments

• philtographyphiltography Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2010
    I prefer #2

Again I think some CCW rotation is required...
    Phillip Norman Photography
    http://www.phillipnorman.com
  • KerrBearKerrBear Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2010
    Number 2 is awesome. I love how the building fades into the clouds and you can really tell it's raining from the second picture. Cool shot. I enjoy a nice summer rain as well.
  • BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2010
    KerrBear wrote: »
    Number 2 is awesome. I love how the building fades into the clouds and you can really tell it's raining from the second picture. Cool shot. I enjoy a nice summer rain as well.

Thanks you for the first actual constructive feedback I've gotten, good or bad, and it's extra nice that you like it :D. I prefer #2 myself, but I wanted an unbiased view because, of course, I'm too close to it.

Thanks for your feedback, John
    Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    I like #2 because it looks rainy and gives prominence to the man. Nice! :)
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    I see that man's wisdom:D and you have a great catch here!

I like both versions, but FIX your verticals:D
    Aaron Nelson