nik5343.jpg

nik54003.jpg

nik5395.jpg

nik5409.jpg

nik5465.jpg

Comments

• Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2010
    Well, I'm certain that these old eyes aren't as good as they were forty years ago…

…but I'm certainly seeing a lot of barrel and pin-cushion distortion in these, and also the definition leaves a lot to be desired in some of the stained-glass.

You've certainly set yourself one helluva task especially with a DX camera (assuming you're using your D300…)

I wouldn't mind betting that you're using a zoom lens…

Sorry, but if you ever see the same pics taken with a FF or a medium format camera, or even using primes rather than zooms…

Nice subject!

Thanks for sharing!

thumb.gif

- Wil

BTW: On reading your title, I thought perhaps I might see something of "Les Triplettes…" :D
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2010
    Wil Davis wrote: »
    Well, I'm certain that these old eyes aren't as good as they were forty years ago…

…but I'm certainly seeing a lot of barrel and pin-cushion distortion in these, and also the definition leaves a lot to be desired in some of the stained-glass.

You've certainly set yourself one helluva task especially with a DX camera (assuming you're using your D300…)

I wouldn't mind betting that you're using a zoom lens…

Sorry, but if you ever see the same pics taken with a FF or a medium format camera, or even using primes rather than zooms…

Nice subject!

Thanks for sharing!

thumb.gif

- Wil

BTW: On reading your title, I thought perhaps I might see something of "Les Triplettes…" :D

18-200. I wanted to try my 35mm 1.8 but forgot it in the truck and the walk was too far. I will be reshooting this church shortly. I'm sure a FF and/or a better lens would be really really nice but all I have is my D300S... so that's what I have to use! I left my HD4 60 at home.rolleyes1.gif

I see the distortion too.... but my cousin won't notice. mwink.gif She is getting married there in a few months and I took them for her.
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2010
    18-200. I wanted to try my 35mm 1.8 but forgot it in the truck and the walk was too far. I will be reshooting this church shortly. I'm sure a FF and/or a better lens would be really really nice but all I have is my D300S... so that's what I have to use! I left my HD4 60 at home.rolleyes1.gif

I see the distortion too.... but my cousin won't notice. mwink.gif She is getting married there in a few months and I took them for her.

Well, I have exactly the same lens and although it's very convenient, it really is a "jack-of-all trades and master of none"! I have a D300 also, and love it - but with that type of subject, DX and that lens is really is pushing the envelope!

Gorgeous building, and I'm sure your cuz will love it too!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2010
    Well, I have exactly the same lens and although it's very convenient, it really is a "jack-of-all trades and master of none"! I have a D300 also, and love it - but with that type of subject, DX and that lens is really is pushing the envelope!

- Wil

I love the 18-200 but understand it's limits. I just got all my gear about 6 weeks ago or so and needed a good "all arounder". I'm saving up for a 70-200 2.8 now. I imagine scenes like these here are some of the toughest on a lens.

Gorgeous building, and I'm sure your cuz will love it too!

- Wil

She just got one of the pics. :D

"OMG!!! That's my church!!! That picture is amazing!!!! Did you get any more??"

Notice she said picture and not subject/building? :cool haha! beer.gif