Tree silhouettes at sunset

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited July 24, 2010 in Landscapes
Went out to shoot a ruined church but it was too overgrown. However this tree was about 50 yards away and the sunset cooperated for a few minutes.
I like these for the way the sun highlights the grass in the foreground.

C&C always appreciated.

944608045_dGWiV-L.jpg

944609027_k4Mjf-L.jpg

944609908_drzXr-L.jpg
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• jamesljamesl Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    They are all great, but I like the composition of the first one the best. Excellent forground, with the plants being lit up. Great jop!
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    I personally like the comp and glow of the undergrowth the best in #1 also. Well done.
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    One a side note...any shots of what looks to be an old building in the BG? Looks like it might be a cool subject too.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    Great lighting on the FG in #1wings.gif

And I do prefer the comp of #1 too....

Nice sunstar btw!
    Aaron Nelson
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    #1 is beautiful with the grass tips lit up. I want to run my fingertips of the grass! beautiful!
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2010
    jamesl wrote: »
    They are all great, but I like the composition of the first one the best. Excellent forground, with the plants being lit up. Great jop!
    Thanks James.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
    edited July 24, 2010
    Nikonic1 wrote: »
    I personally like the comp and glow of the undergrowth the best in #1 also. Well done.
    Thanks Matt, #1 is my favourite as well.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

edited July 24, 2010
    Great lighting on the FG in #1wings.gif

And I do prefer the comp of #1 too....

Nice sunstar btw!
    Thanks Aaron, the sunstars came out very nicely which is a relief since they were a big part of the comp.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

edited July 24, 2010
    Eia wrote: »
    #1 is beautiful with the grass tips lit up. I want to run my fingertips of the grass! beautiful!
    Thanks Eia, just walking you could almost touch the grass as it was well above my knee in places.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

edited July 24, 2010
    Nikonic1 wrote: »
    One a side note...any shots of what looks to be an old building in the BG? Looks like it might be a cool subject too.
    It's a really nice place Matt and you can see some shots from back in March here. Unfortunately it is seriously overgrown, with weeds above the level of my waist and is behind barbed wire to try and prevent vandalism. I only got a couple on this visit from boring angles because I either couldn't passed or couldn't see through the darn weeds.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page