A Lazy Stroll On The Beach

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited July 24, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Randy

Comments

• ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    rwells wrote: »
    944433083_MhSvH-L.jpg

Nice pic. What did you use for your lighting on this one?
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    Nice pic. What did you use for your lighting on this one?

Available light.

Thanks for looking
    Randy
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    Looks like you staked out a spot on the beach and waited for people to
    come into your composition. Where you prepared to print for a small fee? :D
    Neat shot this and Youthful Pleasures.
    Michael
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Looks like you staked out a spot on the beach and waited for people to
    come into your composition. Where you prepared to print for a small fee? :D
    Neat shot this and Youthful Pleasures.

Ha, that's what I should have done! I don't think the Ritz-Carlton behind me would think kindly of that eek7.gif (and no, I wasn't staying there) Tom, you know anything about this area mwink.gif

It wouldn't have taken an Indian to sneak-up on me that day. I was looking for shark's teeth on the beach and was caught off-guard several times. Oh, the sharks teeth are black ~ who would have known? (evidently everyone but me rolleyes1.gif)
    Randy
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    Ha, that's what I should have done! I don't think the Ritz-Carlton behind me would think kindly of that eek7.gif (and no, I wasn't staying there) Tom, you know anything about this area mwink.gif

It wouldn't have taken an Indian to sneak-up on me that day. I was looking for shark's teeth on the beach and was caught off-guard several times. Oh, the sharks teeth are black ~ who would have known? (evidently everyone but me rolleyes1.gif)

:D Was reading about this "Hasn't Been Discovered Yet" photographer who
    sleeps in his car till his ship comes in. A regular rolling bed and breakfast
    studio. Looked like a mini copper to me. But is was a way dark picture.
    Not exactly sure. headscratch.gif:D

So its black to look for. Had zero clue. Now I do. thumb.gif
    Michael
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    Yes, Randy, I probably know as much about that area as anyone....at least from the mid-eighties onward. It was my partner group that developed The Summer Beach Resort on Amelia Island.....which now also includes the Ritz-Carlton site. We had over a mile of ocean-front property. Summer Beach entailed ocean-front condos, an outstanding golf course, beach club....the works. My responsibility for the group was to handle the sales and marketing. I have to tell you, it was a wildly successful venture.

Over the years, I've collected hundreds ( many, many hundreds ) of sharks teeth. A note of interest on that point.....around North Florida, the biggest sharks teeth are found scuba diving in various rivers. Notable rivers that are productive are the Santa Fe and the Ocklawaha. At one time, this whole region was an under-water sea bed. These prehistoric sharks teeth are exposed along the river banks when erosion takes place. I've got a few teeth that are 6 inches long and 4-5 inches wide. A brother of mine must have 20 of the super big ones. They came from those ancient-age sharks that were 40-50 feet long.

I love the shot of the kids running....well done on that one too.

Tom

P.S. I just noticed your little icon was winking at me.....serves you right to have to hear the story all over again. :)
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    Available light.

Thanks for looking

Good job. The subject is nicely lit up and I thought for sure you had a flash set up right off frame.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2010
    I could use a stroll like that right now. Beautiful shot Randy :D

Shark teeth are really black?