Lady under street lamp

david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
edited July 27, 2010 in People
Taken in Sapa Valley (Vietnam) under heavy fog.

Comments most welcome

912872589_KQMa6-O.jpg

Comments

• DavenDaven Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    V E R Y nice! Love it! I lurk an awful lot, and while there is always quite a collection of fine images in this forum, few grab me the way this did, immediately compelling me to compliment your efforts. Well done!

Dave...

- - After looking through your website, you're obviously no stranger to good captures. You have several exceptional shots. Good job!
  • EclipsedEclipsed Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    I love the feeling of this shot. Great work!
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    boo yeah..lot's of drama. post this in street and pj forum..they would love it.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2010
    Thanks to all guys,

Most appreciate your comments, good or bad. But the fact that is appreciated, that leaves me strive harder on my round of photography.
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2010
  • tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 24, 2010
    Very interesting. Great light.
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2010
    What a great photo! I love the feeling of loneliness that the photo gives.
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
  • JoiJoiJoiJoi Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    great shot, love the atmosphere of it!

Joi Cohen-Haroun
    edited July 25, 2010
    Darren, Tom, Wachel,Joi

Thanks for dropping over and most appreciate your comments. Have a nice weekend.
  • CaspianCaspian Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2010
    Great photo. It really works as a B&W.
  • cdc28pcdc28p Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 26, 2010
    Beautiful photo. Such loneliness. I browsed through your Vietnam photos on your Smugmug site and was very impressed with your photos, especially those of the children of Sapa. I grew up in Vietnam and have traveled through Sapa. Your photos bring back so many memories. And that photo of the little girl, sitting in the dirt in the rain, tending to the buffalo, turning around to look at you, is striking. The focus was off but the power of that moment was spot on. Sometimes a technically non-perfect photo means much more than a finely groomed one. Thank you for sharing.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2010
    Daven wrote: »
    V E R Y nice! Love it! I lurk an awful lot, and while there is always quite a collection of fine images in this forum, few grab me the way this did, immediately compelling me to compliment your efforts. Well done!

Dave...

- - After looking through your website, you're obviously no stranger to good captures. You have several exceptional shots. Good job!

clap.gifclapclap.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow..................I 15524779-Ti.gif totally
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited July 27, 2010
    Thanks, Caspian and Art (again)
    edited July 27, 2010
    cdc28p wrote: »
    Beautiful photo. Such loneliness. I browsed through your Vietnam photos on your Smugmug site and was very impressed with your photos, especially those of the children of Sapa. I grew up in Vietnam and have traveled through Sapa. Your photos bring back so many memories. And that photo of the little girl, sitting in the dirt in the rain, tending to the buffalo, turning around to look at you, is striking. The focus was off but the power of that moment was spot on. Sometimes a technically non-perfect photo means much more than a finely groomed one. Thank you for sharing.

Hi,

We were there for a mere 4 days on a photographic trip, 9 of us. I liked the place and so much more to explore which if given the chance, I'd choose homestead for a day or two, and trying out rice planting to experience the back-breaking chore.
    cdc28p wrote: »
    The focus was off but the power of that moment was spot on. Sometimes a technically non-perfect photo means much more than a finely groomed one.

Sometimes at the peak of things, you just want to catch the moment which is more important to me than anything else and glad that we both agree.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2010
    I looked through your gallery...dude..that is some best street stuff I have ever seen.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    edited July 27, 2010
    Qarik wrote: »
    I looked through your gallery...dude..that is some best street stuff I have ever seen.

Thanks Daniel for looking and appreciate what you said.