Options

Going to the Mount

G KG K Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
edited August 26, 2005 in Holy Macro
That would be Mt. Washington in NH, home of some of the worst weather in the world (the highest recorded planetary windspeed was here - 231 mph before the instrument tower collapsed).

The Mt. Washington Railroad will take you up there for $50, money that is well spent so you can sit in a unique cog equipped one carriage train pushed by a little coal engine that could with its steam compartment canted at an angle to keep it level during the climb.

Here are a couple of panorams shot from the top. Autostitch did a pretty good job except it had a lot of trouble with the railing in the color pano. first time its done that. I have a couple more pics I will post later. Comments and critiques are highly appreciated! You really are among the clouds.

27221495_c493f581a8_o.jpg

36115912_6fa92a2617_o.jpg

36115885_0886503bab_o.jpg

Comments

• Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    nice panos, it amazes me how you guys do this stuff....

troy
    G K wrote:
    That would be Mt. Washington in NH, home of some of the worst weather in the world (the highest recorded planetary windspeed was here - 231 mph before the instrument tower collapsed).

The Mt. Washington Railroad will take you up there for $50, money that is well spent so you can sit in a unique cog equipped one carriage train pushed by a little coal engine that could with its steam compartment canted at an angle to keep it level during the climb.

Here are a couple of panorams shot from the top. I have a couple more I will post later. Comments and critiques are highly appreciated! You really are among the clouds.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited August 25, 2005
    I really like #2 - the B&W - it is outstanding!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    #2 is fantastic. Love it.thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    love #2 - great capture!!
  • Options
    G KG K Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited August 26, 2005
    thanks pathfinder - IR can produce some really cool B&W...
    ~g
    pathfinder wrote:
    I really like #2 - the B&W - it is outstanding!
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited August 26, 2005
    IR can be fun stuff. In your pano it is very nicely done and you have nicely kept the sky tonality even and without drastic changes - That is not easy to do in this kind of shot. Kudos!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin