Options

Namexif

greggreg Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited July 14, 2004 in Finishing School
Hi,

I just made Namexif which is a Wizard to automatically rename photos to the date they were shot (using EXIF).
It's freeware and only 365Kb...

Please try it from here: http://www.digicamsoft.com

... and give your feedbacks!

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2004
    Anyone try this?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Anyone try this?
    Well Greg says the source is available but all I saw is a windows binary and an encoded script. So no.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2004
    Well, Namexif is available as a windows binary (without installation) and the script is available and not crypted! I don't understand why cmr164 is saying that!
    I also have a script named ReViewer available, this one is only compressed but not encrypted.
    Feel free to ask me any questions thru email provided in feedbacks section.

I'm using it, it works well, just convenient!
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2004
    Got it! I just open that script again and the first things you see are string representations of some icons. So it looks like something encoded... but it's only icons! Scroll down and you'll see core of the code.
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2004
    I am guessing it is for the PC?

I use a mac and have used exifrenamer for over a year. It is very helpful and I like the number of combinations you can make to create the file name you need. It helped me to integrate three cameras into cronological order I can use.

Find it here.
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2004
    greg wrote:
    Well, Namexif is available as a windows binary (without installation) and the script is available and not crypted! I don't understand why cmr164 is saying that!
    I also have a script named ReViewer available, this one is only compressed but not encrypted.
    Feel free to ask me any questions thru email provided in feedbacks section.

I'm using it, it works well, just convenient!
    Maybe but only now do I see the text of the script and it is still appears to be windows specific in your directions. And it requires me to download yet-another-language which is not likely to happen. What was the matter with perl or python or java or....?
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2004
    I believe Exifer does the same thing and it's packaged and installable on a PC as an EXE file. Check it out. It's "postcardware" mwink.gif

http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2004
    Thanks Patch! I'm also a mac guy (powerbook, G4) and I just downloaded that program. I'll try it tomorrow...
    patch29 wrote:
    I am guessing it is for the PC?

I use a mac and have used exifrenamer for over a year. It is very helpful and I like the number of combinations you can make to create the file name you need. It helped me to integrate three cameras into cronological order I can use.

Find it here.
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    Well Greg says the source is available but all I saw is a windows binary and an encoded script. So no.
    So first you complained not having the source, and then you complained having the source only ! No, it's not windows specific. That script can be run on MAC 9 but not MAC OS X yet. But yes, it requires interpreter as explained on the web site.

Also, don't forget it's freeware.