My first assignment -- a dog :)

rookieshooterrookieshooter Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
edited July 25, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
As a budding pet photographer I asked a friend if I could shoot her dog, and her. This was an informal shoot in her house just for fun. Here are the pics. C&C appreciated!!

945281928_oshE5-L.jpg

945281553_m3tqr-L.jpg

945282692_9M2Ac-L.jpg

945281046_KhutZ-L.jpg

945284556_xzQZi-L.jpg

945285517_6BwCT-L.jpg

#7 my favorite
945286478_TYk2B-L.jpg

Comments

• Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    Nice set of pictures!

Lighting's good, and all the focusing is right!

…well, I dunno about #3, although I used to have a friend when I was living in the UK who could do that same trick of licking the end of his nose! eek7.gif

…looked pretty gross, but he was quite a hit with all the girls! rolleyes1.gif

I love the lighting you used, and looks like both subjects were v. comfortable in front of the camera!

Nice job!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2010
    I like #3. The dog looks depressed in #7 to me :cry
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2010
    In the first image your friend looks like the wicked witch of the west.

The poor dog looks like he is thinking..............OH no! what have I done now?? I hope she doesn't turn me into a frog! :D

The individual dog images look good, but the images with your friend and her dog don't quite show the relationship between them that I think exists.

Keep up the work!!

Sam
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2010
    Beautiful dog :D

I noticed his right ear is wet in #1 while his other ear in the other photos is dry. To me being a dog owner it tells me that she might of done an ear treatment on the dog before you took the photo's. That would be something to remember before a photo shoot...do the ears after wards :D

As for the dog licking his nose -- to me that is a dog shot thumb.gif Gotta have one of those.

On your 2nd photo -- the dog chin looks like it's a little to close to the edge. I might crop out a little more on that one.

Great dog photos and I agree your lighting is good. I like shots like this over studio shots any day :D
  • rookieshooterrookieshooter Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    Thanks for the comments everyone! Dogdots -- he was wet from a bath when I first got there but dried out eventually.

Sam, thanks for the honest critique. Do you think this is better?

mrtLaughing.gif3024/945284161_RPM6M-L.jpg
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    Yes...i like this much better. I could see there is a connection between them but didn't think the initial images showed it as well as it could be.

I like the warm tone of the images. It adds to the warmth of emotions between the two.

Sam