Very Sweet French Girl I Met at the Louvre in Paris

BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
edited July 31, 2010 in People
This girl was an absolute French Doll. I met her in one of the statue rooms of the Louvre. Our little chat turned into a brief little photo session. Sweet, polite, and surprisingly shy, I snapped off a few in our mini-shoot before the inevitable happened - A crowd gathered and the shyness took over. She turned red in the face, finally laughing and then hiding behind me. I turned around and more people were looking at her than at Venus de Milo.

This is a natural light shot with a non-direct sunlight window to camera right. The photo is almost straight from the camera - Only a slight blur vignette added to slightly soften the too-crisp and distracting background. Constructive comments welcome.

930511201_8JXUa-L.jpg

Thanks in advance for your feedback, John

Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments

• trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2010
    Stunning portrait! That takes a real gift to turn a chat into a photo shoot.
  • SvennieSvennie Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2010
    Very cute girl indeed! Impressive this is the result of just a quick chat in a museum, wow! Excellent people skills!
    I would have place her more to the left (and maybe up?) of the frame, otherwise good shot :-)
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2010
    Love the story behind this photo! Nice shot too!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2010
    dogwood wrote: »
    Love the story behind this photo! Nice shot too!

The light in the rooms with the statues is the most beautiful window light. When I was there, there were a number of art students just sketching the works there. I photographed a number of the students doing that.

Thanks for posting - lovely story and images.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • VichVich Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited July 26, 2010
    Nice! Beautiful smile and pose - did you coach her?

Really love the glint on the eyes and lips - perfect! Makes it really come alive.

Only comment is the shoulder/arm seems very slightly disproportionally bigger as in distance-perspective enlargement. Could be my imagination. Actually; more like the rear shoulder disproportinally smaller. What FL/camera?
    Gear - 7D, 5Dii, many lenses , much stuff.
  • cdc28pcdc28p Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 26, 2010
    Beautiful photo and beautiful woman. From your short story, I could imagine a precious yet fleeting moment of two strangers connecting on an emotional level. Thanks for sharing.
  • BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    Vich wrote: »
    Nice! Beautiful smile and pose - did you coach her?

Really love the glint on the eyes and lips - perfect! Makes it really come alive.

Only comment is the shoulder/arm seems very slightly disproportionally bigger as in distance-perspective enlargement. Could be my imagination. Actually; more like the rear shoulder disproportinally smaller. What FL/camera?

The coaching was minimal, just getting her to stand at the best angle for the light from the window - Also to get the background (the 2,000 year old statue and marble walls) to contrast against her skin tones and top as best I could - The glint was just great eyes and the catch lights from the window.. As far as any distortion, it must have been my fault, because she had none :)) It may be because I was kneeling and shooting up at her. The lens was a Cannon 24-70 L Series shot at 68 mm 1/60th at 2.8 and ISO 200 on a 5D Mark II..

Thanks everyone for all your feedback, John
    Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________