Options

Can't Load EOS Utility

BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
edited October 19, 2010 in Cameras
Have had older versions loaded but when I try to load the new version I got with the MKIV it gives me an error (info listed below). Have tried uninstalling the old version and got errors. deleted instances out of registry. Reloaded older version. It installed then I uninstalled. Still Could not load the new version.

Any Ideas???

[System Information]
Installer.Version : 1.7.0.11
Installer.Path : C:\DOCUME~1\GREGBO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\CanonUPW_000\INST\INSTALL\COMMON\INSTALL.EXE
System.CPUNum : 2
System.Architecture : 0
System.ProcessorLevel : 15
System.ProcessorRevision: 0x0209
System.PhysicalRAM : 2047MB
OS.WinNT : TRUE
OS.64bit : FALSE
OS.Major : 5
OS.Minor : 1
OS.Build : 2600
OS.ServicePack : Service Pack 3
OS.SuiteMask : 0x00000100
OS.ProductType : 0x00000001
OS.WinDir : C:\WINDOWS
OS.LangID : 0x0409
System.DiskCapacity : 71766MB
System.DiskFreeArea : 20006MB

[CONFIGURATION]

[C:\DOCUME~1\GREGBO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\CanonUPW_000\INST\SDI\COMMON\master.ini]
ParseIniStatus: COMPLETED

[C:\DOCUME~1\GREGBO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\CanonUPW_000\INST\SDI\english\Master_lang.ini]
Error.Description: Ini File Open Error ( 1 )
ParseIniStatus: ERROR

[C:\DOCUME~1\GREGBO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\CanonUPW_000\INST\SDI\english\Region.ini]
RegionDlg.RegionCode : america
CountryDlg.CountryCode :
LangDlg.Lang : ENGLISH

[C:\DOCUME~1\GREGBO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\CanonUPW_000\INST\SDI\COMMON\master.ini]

[C:\DOCUME~1\GREGBO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\CanonUPW_000\INST\SDI\english\Master_lang.ini]
Error.Description: Ini File Open Error ( 1 )
ParseIniStatus: ERROR

[C:\DOCUME~1\GREGBO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\CanonUPW_000\INST\SDI\english\Region.ini]

[C:\DOCUME~1\GREGBO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\CanonUPW_000\INST\EOSUTILITY\common\install.ini]

[C:\DOCUME~1\GREGBO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\CanonUPW_000\INST\EOSUTILITY\english\install_lang.ini]
CustomDLL.FileName: C:\DOCUME~1\GREGBO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\CanonUPW_000\INST\EOSUtility\ENGLISH\CustomInstall.dll
Welcome.InstallMode : EASY
Software.Name : EOS Utility
Target.Path : C:\Program Files\Canon\
Target.DiskCapacity : 71766MB
Target.DiskFreeArea : 20003MB

[C:\DOCUME~1\GREGBO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\CanonUPW_000\INST\EOSUTILITY\common\install.ini]

[C:\DOCUME~1\GREGBO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\CanonUPW_000\INST\EOSUTILITY\english\install_lang.ini]

[EOS Utility]
Setup.StartTime: 7/25/2010 12:28:08 PM
CustomDLL.FileName: C:\DOCUME~1\GREGBO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\CanonUPW_000\INST\EOSUtility\ENGLISH\CustomInstall.dll
ExistingVer.Number: OLDER
ExistingVer.UninstallCommand: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Canon\UIW\1.0.0.0\Uninst.exe" "C:\Program Files\Canon\EOS Utility\Uninst.ini" /silent
ExistingVer.Number: OLDER
Complete.InstallStatus: ERROR
Setup.EndTime: 7/25/2010 12:28:11 PM
Greg
"Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Comments

• Options
    OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    .ini are system settings files for the program and it seems other users with XPSP3 (checked a couple forums) are having the same issue with the latest update. Have you tried installing it to a completely new directory? Also, I found this quote from a guy. Maybe there's a bug between the upgrade and the previous version and an older one can possibly work around the problem:

"OK, apparently I posted that 5 minutes too early. I had another idea... I dug out my old Rebel XT software disk and installed DPP 1.6. It complained that it was already installed (obviously I didn't clean my registry enough), but I told it to install anyway.
    Then, when I ran the new DPP 3.8 install, it uninstalled 1.6 and installed the new one perfectly.
    Hope this info saves someone else hours of frustration"
  • Options
    BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    . Have you tried installing it to a completely new directory? Also, I found this quote from a guy. Maybe there's a bug between the upgrade and the previous version and an older one can possibly work around the problem:

"OK, apparently I posted that 5 minutes too early. I had another idea... I dug out my old Rebel XT software disk and installed DPP 1.6. It complained that it was already installed (obviously I didn't clean my registry enough), but I told it to install anyway.
    Then, when I ran the new DPP 3.8 install, it uninstalled 1.6 and installed the new one perfectly.
    Hope this info saves someone else hours of frustration"

Tried installing to a new folder even tried to a different drive with the same result. Tried installing an older version then installing the new one over it with the same results. Seems to fail at trying to remove or uninstall the old version. Also had the same issue with DPP but when I deleted DPP info from registry the new version loaded.
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • Options
    keeweekeewee Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 6, 2010
    I cant intall Canon update zb651xpud-en for zoom browser. Get the same eror messages as Cant load eos browser, Greg.
    OS is xp (sp3).Have donloaded other s from Canon without any problems.
    Phoned Canon and Microsoft in Aus. They put the fault at each other.
    Canon usa said to download the update?????
  • Options
    Merlin_AZMerlin_AZ Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    Maybe try Revo Uninstaller to clean up first, reboot, and try again?
    There's a free version.
    http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2010
    Cant load EOS utility/ or install update zb651 xpupd-en
    Have e-mailed Canon twice,now they want to know which verion of ZoomBrowser I have.
    They have been Quick to respond, I will update when they reply again.
    Its Saturday morning here in Australia... have a good weekend!
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2010
    Update: Canon advised to load the solutions disc that came with the camera into the cd drive, but dont let it RUN,then download update then run the update.
    Regretfully it Didnt work for me. Windows thinks another program s installing and it wont let me install the update.
    E-mailed Canon again and will update again.
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2010
    Canon advise unplug hot syncs, web cams, other digital cameras and ensure camera responds when you have it in play back mode ... Beeps, Windows etc...
    They must think I have a problem downloading pictures???I
    This will have to go into the too hard basket!
    MS say would respond in 24 hrs.rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2010
    update
    After 8 e-mails back and forth to Canon, without being resolved, Its going in the too hard basket.
    Re: MS, They think my problem is Windows downloads??? It is VERY FRUSTRATING!!! headscratch.gif

Thanks folks for your suggestions
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2010
    keewee wrote: »
    After 8 e-mails back and forth to Canon, without being resolved, Its going in the too hard basket.
    Re: MS, They think my problem is Windows downloads??? It is VERY FRUSTRATING!!! headscratch.gif

Thanks folks for your suggestions

Canon advised: Completely uninstalling Zommbrowser and reinstalling.
    Removed Zoombrowser from hard drive.
    Removed registry entries relating to Zoombrowser and InstallShield.It was a bit daunting using regedit but their instructions were excellent.
    Installed Zoombrowser from Camera cd., installed Update and it works.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,860 moderator
    edited October 19, 2010
    keewee wrote: »
    Canon advised: Completely uninstalling Zommbrowser and reinstalling.
    Removed Zoombrowser from hard drive.
    Removed registry entries relating to Zoombrowser and InstallShield.It was a bit daunting using regedit but their instructions were excellent.
    Installed Zoombrowser from Camera cd., installed Update and it works.

Congratulations on your perseverance and success. thumb.gifclap
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums