2 dogs and a spider

00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
edited July 28, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Hello everyone - have been out in AZ for some family time and thought i'd post a couple oddballs from the trip (i have lots of images to go through and see which ones i want to process). C&C welcomed.

This is one smart mutt, "sammy" is only 4 months and is very well trained for a puppy her age. My brother in law spends a lot of time working with her.

948325050_WVzMm-L.jpg

#2 - this is Petra, NOT a water dog.. :rofl
948325406_7YT5J-L.jpg

#3 - This Tarantula scared the crap outta me.. almost walked up my leg :huh
948325246_WCrHb-L.jpg
Devin

Comments

• CdorothyCdorothy Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited July 26, 2010
    Sammy is a cute dog! Petra, this one cracks me up and EEEEWWWW for #3.
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2010
    Cdorothy wrote: »
    Sammy is a cute dog! Petra, this one cracks me up and EEEEWWWW for #3.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look and comment.. much appreciated.
    Devin
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2010
    Laughing.gif--Petra is hysterical--You do know she doesn't think very highly of you right---at least that's what the look tells me.
    #1 is a fantastic portrait and #3, well that would have been when I broke my camera by smashing it over that gigantic monster!
    For lack of a better word "eeek!".
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited July 27, 2010
    Laughing.gif--Petra is hysterical--You do know she doesn't think very highly of you right---at least that's what the look tells me.
    #1 is a fantastic portrait and #3, well that would have been when I broke my camera by smashing it over that gigantic monster!
    For lack of a better word "eeek!".

Hey Liz - yes, It took me a few years for Petra to even come to me.. it'll probably take another few to get over the water torture rolleyes1.gif
    Thanks on #1, on #3.. i was um.. er.. using the outdoor facilities when i noticed something moving.. i think they should use them in the Olympics.. as i surely matched the best hi jumper lol3.gif
    Devin
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2010
    Liz is right about the nice portrait in found in one. Nice candid. Great sharp
    in the low DOF. A person might consider a crop of sorts for that one. :D
    My niece notes how neat the ears look, relaxed like they are.

Petra's look is deliciously hilarious. rolleyes1.gifI can just see that mind working
    and its not in your favor. Am wondering if the little bugger isn't just calling out
    to that spider and other evil critters in the neighborhood to pay you a visit on his behalf.
    The timing too perfect to catch you in an unguarded
    vulnerable moment as it happened. Its how I'd do it. How would you know. mwink.gif

Why so far off for taking the pic of that tarantula anyways when theres
    a cool close up to be had? :D
    Says here that your good to go for the macro effort. headscratch.gif
    Whats a jump of a few centimeters going to do for the ol'heart. ne_nau.gif Hehe.
    Michael
    edited July 28, 2010
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Liz is right about the nice portrait in found in one. Nice candid. Great sharp
    in the low DOF. A person might consider a crop of sorts for that one. :D
    My niece notes how neat the ears look, relaxed like they are.

Petra's look is deliciously hilarious. rolleyes1.gifI can just see that mind working
    and its not in your favor. Am wondering if the little bugger isn't just calling out
    to that spider and other evil critters in the neighborhood to pay you a visit on his behalf.
    The timing too perfect to catch you in an unguarded
    vulnerable moment as it happened. Its how I'd do it. How would you know. mwink.gif

Why so far off for taking the pic of that tarantula anyways when theres
    a cool close up to be had? :D
    Says here that your good to go for the macro effort. headscratch.gif
    Whats a jump of a few centimeters going to do for the ol'heart. ne_nau.gif Hehe.

I did take a few closer shots.. not marco though, but my arachnophobia kept me from getting eye level. I just had that sense that he would jump on my lens and i would scream like a schoolgirl.. rolleyes1.gif

I was also thinking of a tighter crop on #1.. may tinker with that later today.

Thanks for taking a look Michael

be well,
    Devin
    Devin