Options

Car Magnets, Vinyl Sticker, and Static Clings

RobertkRobertk Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited August 30, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Anyone have a reccomendation on where I could buy Car Magnets, Vinyl Sticker, and Static Clings?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 27, 2010
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2010
    office max, office depot, local printer, Got Print, Vista Print............the list is nearly endless.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited July 28, 2010
    Pensacola, Florida

I know the list is endless and that is why i am asking for help. Our local places seem to be quite high but I am unsure of what online printers are reputable.
  • Options
    fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    You can do some at www.TotalEstickers.com, but you may want to check out companies locally that do vehicle wrap. They may be able to make it for you as well.
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer
    http://www.FredJClaus.com
    http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout
  • Options
    promoguypromoguy Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    As someone who is in the business and who is guessing you are only doing a few items, go and work with your local person. By the time you add in the online shipping you'll no doubt end up paying the same.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 29, 2010
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    Add this to the text - it shouts out but is invisible: BREAK IN HERE OR FOLLOW ME I HAVE AT LEAST $5000 to $25,000 with me to Steal.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    ChatKat wrote: »
    Add this to the text - it shouts out but is invisible: BREAK IN HERE OR FOLLOW ME I HAVE AT LEAST $5000 to $25,000 with me to Steal.

I was going to say the same thing, but Kat beat me to it.

Let's be honest. How many photographers do you know that have signage on their vehicles identifying themselves as a photographer?
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2010
    I need a large number of small magnets, postcards, brochures, ect.

These are not for a photography business.

Anyone ever use gotprint.net?
  • Options
    PhoenixOrionPhoenixOrion Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    I was going to say the same thing, but Kat beat me to it.

Let's be honest. How many photographers do you know that have signage on their vehicles identifying themselves as a photographer?

Actually, I have seen quite a few in my area. I know a lot of other small business owners personally, who have ads on their vehicles as well, and none has ever been robbed.
  • Options
    BiffbradfordBiffbradford Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    ChatKat wrote: »

I have a 6" x 24" magnet sign on each side of my car with my web page advertised (clearly says 'PIX'). They've been on there so long that you could probably see how the paint has faded around them compared to under them. I've had no problems and that includes traveling to and parking in most corners of the greater Chicago area. I also don't leave my gear laying out on the seats when I'm parked either. :D
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2010
    I have a 6" x 24" magnet sign on each side of my car with my web page advertised (clearly says 'PIX'). They've been on there so long that you could probably see how the paint has faded around them compared to under them. I've had no problems and that includes traveling to and parking in most corners of the greater Chicago area. I also don't leave my gear laying out on the seats when I'm parked either. :D

It's great that you haven't had any problems (yet). People in the DC area get their car broken into because there is a suction cup ring mark left on the windshield from the GPS. If someone really wants to break into your car, nothing's going to stop them, but why give them an excuse?
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2010
    It's great that you haven't had any problems (yet). People in the DC area get their car broken into because there is a suction cup ring mark left on the windshield from the GPS. If someone really wants to break into your car, nothing's going to stop them, but why give them an excuse?

That's funny. I'm in that area but have never heard of such a thing happening to anyone with advertisements on their vehicle.
  • Options
    HinsonHinson Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    That's funny. I'm in that area but have never heard of such a thing happening to anyone with advertisements on their vehicle.

I've got to agree with Neal on this one. I even taped over the Canon logo on my backpack so that it is not obvious that I have camera gear. I quit carrying a camera 'bag' for that reason. The backpack is not so obvious.
    Serving Him by Serving Others
    www.Jerrywhitephotography.com
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2010
    I just want to add... I know several photographers in this area. There's only one that I know of that does have his business name on his car. This particular guy isn't the most popular guy in town and I'll just leave it at that.

Also.... If you cut someone off, speed or other minor (or major) traffic violation, it reflects on you.
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2010
    Hinson wrote: »
    I've got to agree with Neal on this one. I even taped over the Canon logo on my backpack so that it is not obvious that I have camera gear. I quit carrying a camera 'bag' for that reason. The backpack is not so obvious.

I must really be out of the loop. Not that it's unrealistic, paranoid or whatever. I know it happens. Just never heard of it happening around here. Makes me think about carrying my camera and equipment bags around too. No way would some of it fit into a backpack.
    If you cut someone off, speed or other minor (or major) traffic violation, it reflects on you.

This is probably more concerning to me and was mentioned in a conversation I had with someone yesterday, who has adverts on her car. She said she has to be very aware of her driving while in that vehicle for the reason you just gave. I have to say, it made me rethink the whole thing. lol
  • Options
    BiffbradfordBiffbradford Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    I just want to add... I know several photographers in this area. There's only one that I know of that does have his business name on his car. This particular guy isn't the most popular guy in town and I'll just leave it at that.

Also.... If you cut someone off, speed or other minor (or major) traffic violation, it reflects on you.

Well, cover your license plates too then. headscratch.gif

When I cover a sports event, I park my car in a nice place where it can be easily seen as the participants arrive: "Oh, Peloton-Pix is here!" To tell you the truth, more than once, on a real hot day, I've left my car windows wide open for hours at a time. No worries, no problems. It all depends upon what kind of neighborhoods you frequent I guess. :D
  • Options
    fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2010
    I agree on the theft issue, but also agree it depends on the area. I live in a great community and cars are very rarely robbed. Now if I drive about 20 minutes south to the city of Buffalo, there is no way I'd keep my camera equipment in my car. Parts of that area are just that type of area. I guess it's just up to personal preference on if they want to do it or not.
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer
    http://www.FredJClaus.com
    http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2010
    I would like to thank everyone for staying on topic :-)
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    Robertk wrote: »
    Pensacola, Florida

I know the list is endless and that is why i am asking for help. Our local places seem to be quite high but I am unsure of what online printers are reputable.

Not long ago I got like 2K cards @ 2.99/500...the qctual offer was $2.99 for 250 + 250 free ...so I dd a single sided card and ordered 3 large window signs (7.95 ea.) all from Vista Print...there were no problems and everything looked great...........What I am doing with the window signs is......I am going to get 2 sheets of plexi glass (one clear and the backer will be white probably) amd samdwich the sign between them
    drill 4 holes add eyebolts and strap around my spare tire on the back of my Isuzu Trooper......The other 2 will have to be applied to the rear side windows.......................

The above prices is waaaaaaay less expensive than any local retailer or local big box store..........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website