Dgrin People Magazine - "LOVED ONES"

ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
edited September 1, 2010 in People
I think it would be really nice to see a lot of dgrinners create photographs with a certain theme and see their different takes on the same theme. We sort of have something like this already with our challenges, but I'm thinking bigger. And I'm thinking about doing something with those photographs.

What if we create our own themed 'magazine'? All dgrinners can enter their photos and I'll create a digital magazine out of them. I'm hoping for lots of people to cooperate so we can create something (big and) really nice.

This is not going to be a competition, all dgrinners can enter. There are no winners or losers.

The theme: "LOVED ONES".

Everyone has people that they love; wife or husband, girlfriend or boyfriend, children, parents, family, friends, ...
All dgrinners can enter 2 photographic images that they took from their loved ones. Wether straight out of camera or photoshopped, all images can be entered. (Preferably, the image should suit the person in your eyes.)

It is not mandatory but it would be nice if the images had at least a title and if possible a small description.

After I have received all images I will create a magazine/book like document. It will be digital (PDF) and not be available for (printed) purchase. If you wish, you can print it for your own personal use, of course.

How to enter your photos:
  • email me your photos at digitalgrin@gmail.com You can preferably attach them, or give me a link to where I can save the photos.
  • Make sure to write your title and description in the email and make sure you let me know which description goes with which photo.
  • Make sure to let me know your dgrin username and your real name in the email (or let me know if you don't want me to use your real name).

The fine print:
  • The email address given above is only to be used for entries!!!! I will not respond to questions received there.
    All questions/suggestions/etc should be posted in this thread.
  • The images do not need to be shot specifically for this magazine (but it would be cool).
  • Preferably both images would be of a different person/people.
  • (I know some of you guys love your cars, but) the photos need to include people.
  • Please do not add digital borders, etc. to the images
  • The photos are yours and yours only; You are not giving up any rights to it but you are giving dgrin the right to use it in the above mentioned 'magazine', only.
  • The magazine can be printed if you so wish, for personal use only.

You can enter your photos till the last day of August '10.

I'm hoping for a huge success, in which case more magazines will follow!

So, what do you think? :ear suggestion are welcome!

Comments

• MadmodMadmod Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    I just sent mine over to ya.iloveyou.gif
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Thanks, madmod, but this obviously was no success so I'm going to trash this thumb.gif
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Doh, I read this as August 10th, not the end of August 2010, so thought I had blown it.
    It was a nice idea, I would have sent something in. Sorry for not reading more accurately...
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site