D200
NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson

Comments

• CdorothyCdorothy Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    I love the flower, it's a beautiful little one. I think if the light spots in the BG were darkened the flower would stand out a bit more. My eyes keep going to those spots....just my 2 cents.
    Chris
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited July 28, 2010
    Cdorothy wrote: »
    I love the flower, it's a beautiful little one. I think if the light spots in the BG were darkened the flower would stand out a bit more. My eyes keep going to those spots....just my 2 cents.
    Chris
    15524779-Ti.gif.
  • Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    Cdorothy wrote: »
    Chris

Thank you for your two cents, they have made e that much richerthumb.gif That problem is easily fixed :ivar

Thanks to you and Richard for commenting! You guys have helped make my picture into a better oneclap.gif
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • CaspianCaspian Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    I like the color and texture of the bloom. The bokeh around the stem is also nice. The white spots, as noted above, are distracting and an evenly dark background would have been better. The composition follows the rule of thirds, but my subjective opinion is that there is a lot of dead space above the bloom. If that space were darker, it may not be as distracting.

David
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited July 28, 2010
    I try to avoid having bright areas near the edge of my frame, like near the bottom of your image, as I tend to feel that they drag the viewer's eye on out of the frame away from the subject. I would not try to make these bright areas dark, but maybe just a darker shade of green from the rest of your background might be blended into the brighter areas.

Nice flower shot overall, but I agree with the large negative space above the flower not being optimal, also.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin