Las Vegas night shots

Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited August 1, 2010 in Landscapes
Finally got the 24-70 2.8 and took it to Vegas with my D300. I wanted to do a lot more night photography, but it didn't work out. We stayed on the top floor of the Bellagio and had these beautiful views:

947275182_NJnns-L.jpg

947608941_3QTAX-L.jpg

We made the trek down to the Stratosphere and I got the best pictures I was able to up there without any kind of support other than guard rails:

948586630_AnoZY-L.jpg

947600830_pfn2M-L.jpg

The rest of the gallery is here:
http://patspix.smugmug.com/Vacation/Vegas2010

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    Looks like a great trip! The Bellagio is nothing to sneeze at, and the top floor is a prime location thumb.gif

Gorgeous views.
  • HelvegrHelvegr Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    The shots from the top of the Bellagio are wonderful! There is a little white dot on the black background of the first one though that seems to bug me.
    Camera: Nikon D4
    Lenses: Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikon 50mm f/1.4
    Lighting: SB-910 | SU-800
  • Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    Helvegr wrote: »
    The shots from the top of the Bellagio are wonderful! There is a little white dot on the black background of the first one though that seems to bug me.

Thanks for the kind words and feedback. I hadn't noticed the dot until you mentioned it. I'm not sure what it is, looking at the same scene in the day, maybe a plane flying through?
  • Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    Looks like a great trip! The Bellagio is nothing to sneeze at, and the top floor is a prime location thumb.gif

Gorgeous views.

Thank you Schmoo. You have so many great photographs on your website. But the one I plan on ripping off from you whenever I get over there is that shot of the Eiffel tower looking up under it? I hope you don't mind too much... :)
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »

Gorgeous views.

15524779-Ti.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Did you get in trouble for having your window open taking pictures.... I know I have in Vegas on a few occassions. Those are some nice looking pics. I think that the white dot is a plane, and could easily be touched up right out.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Pat664422 wrote: »
    Thank you Schmoo. You have so many great photographs on your website. But the one I plan on ripping off from you whenever I get over there is that shot of the Eiffel tower looking up under it? I hope you don't mind too much... :)

Thanks! Haha I'm definitely not the first to do that, so be my guest! And make sure you post 'em here. :D