Sociable Horse

SeatimeSeatime Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
edited July 29, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Was walking through my neighborhood about dusk, and this guy came up to get his portrait. I made a few shots at iso 1600, testing my new camera. The third shot was taken at 400 iso. I want to go back on an overcast day and shoot some more horse shots. This guy was about the friendliest horse I've ever met!

950193114_sK9dT-XL.jpg

950200426_XhGWE-XL.jpg

950218425_KBech-XL.jpg

950190474_UbqbH-XL.jpg

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    You don't get overcast days there do ya? rolleyes1.gif
    Handsome animal. He's giving you some nice pictures this round.

My recent horse pics didn't turn out so hot so I am looking at giving it
    another go. Gives me a great reason to get back up there.
    Michael
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    Nicely done. One teensy nit pick is that you cut off the hooves in the first one.

LOVE the second with the highlight in the eye. Sweet!
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    Beautiful horse. Taking photos of horses is fun. Hope you can get back there again. Helps when you have a friendly horse as your subject :D
  • SeatimeSeatime Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    Snowgirl wrote: »
    Nicely done. One teensy nit pick is that you cut off the hooves in the first one.

LOVE the second with the highlight in the eye. Sweet!

Thank you, Snowgirl. I appreciate your suggestion. Next time I won't crop the hooves. I've been guilty of cropping the top of sailboat masts, also. Bad habit!
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    That horse is absolutely beautiful. You captured a wonderful image of it in the first shot, really shows the horses lines and it is obviously very aware of you and interested, ears forward.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
    edited July 29, 2010
    Thanks for looking DaddyO, Dogdots, and Sexy6chick. This was the second time I took shots of this horse. I will definitely go back and try some more. Maybe bring a pocket full of oats. I like horses so tame you can pet them. Maybe she would like a carrot?
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    Seatime wrote: »
    Thanks for looking DaddyO, Dogdots, and Sexy6chick. This was the second time I took shots of this horse. I will definitely go back and try some more. Maybe bring a pocket full of oats. I like horses so tame you can pet them. Maybe she would like a carrot?

I think you pose a really good question. Its possible that while it seems ok
    to take a carrot or something else it actually might not be ok. Sounds silly
    even to me but there it is. A conversation with the owners would put the
    mind at ease about that. :D I've only offered grass from my side of the
    fence.
    Michael
    edited July 29, 2010
    I have a friend that photographs horses in SD. The owner of those horses advised him to get a certain treat from a feed store. Comes in 2 flavors if I remember correctly....Apple or Carrot.

Agree...ask the owner first. Then you can shoot photos to your hearts content without worrying about anything. They may even let you in the pasture for some really good shots thumb.gif
    edited July 29, 2010
    I have not met them, but when I go back I sure will introduce myself. If they are as friendly as the horse, it should be no problem to get into the pasture!
    edited July 29, 2010
    Seatime wrote: »
    I have not met them, but when I go back I sure will introduce myself. If they are as friendly as the horse, it should be no problem to get into the pasture!

Looking forward to seeing what ever photos you get :D