Props gone bad.

Sheesh.
Food & Culture.
www.tednghiem.com

Comments

• Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    Wow. I'm not sure I have any other words but that.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    Don't shoot the photographer…

…they're doing their best!

eek7.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    Oh.....My.....Gawd !! !! !! eek7.gif As an avid hunter as well, this would have NEVER taken place without proper inspection from me!! Imagine how the original photographer feels now! WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!
    :jawdrop
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    But why would the photographer want the newly weds to pose with guns? ne_nau.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    Didn't Heather just recently post some shots of a bride with a gun? I thought they were pretty unique. But yeah, folks if you don't know anything else about guns, just know that you treat them as if they are loaded until they are inspected and cleared. If you don't know how to do that then leave them in the case.

matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    mmmatt wrote: »
    Didn't Heather just recently post some shots of a bride with a gun? I thought they were pretty unique. But yeah, folks if you don't know anything else about guns, just know that you treat them as if they are loaded until they are inspected and cleared. If you don't know how to do that then leave them in the case.

matt

pointed at the groom? rolleyes1.gif

I kid I kid. Sadly no one bothered to check if they were left loaded.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    Ha ha, nope.

I have had several weddings that feature guns. It is something about us Alaskans, bears and the independant spirit I suspect.

But when I am around, they are not allowed to be pointed at anybody. Ever. Loaded, unloaded... whatever. That was just stupid.
    With a hubby in Law Enforcement, I am sure careful.... But familiar.

One wedding, all the groomsmen wore handguns as part of their outfits and immediately after the ceremony they shot them.......... That one was a bit scary for me since they were all imbibing. I was nervous...

Here are some of our recent ones:
    895663041_WJZp6-S.jpg

927972343_2Fw2E-S.jpg

Same dad, same gun... different daughter's wedding. He even had the shotgun inscribed with the couples' names.... Fun-nee!
    600858671_jfnwm-M.jpg

Ha ha, note the handgun...
    791521929_uppu2-M.jpg
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    Holy moley.....I only use weapons I personally own and then I still inspect and clear them and of course their is never any ammunition anywhere close......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website