Into Oblivion

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited July 30, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
242314925_SUSGv-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• HomerHomer Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    At first I thought it was an overly exposed photo then I realized it was FOG. I have never seen fog that thick before.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    Homer...

This is high in the Appalachians....beside a big lake. Low clouds set in and it can get so bad you literally can't see anything over 10 feet away.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    clap.gif Great shot.. Tom.
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    Hey Tom,
    Quite a different shot for you.
    It has an etheral or other worldly feel to it. I like it very much
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited July 28, 2010
    Hey Gary,

Thanks for the compliment.

Take care,

Tom
    edited July 28, 2010
    Hi Liz,

Thanks for the kind words. I have to sneak in shots like this on occasion just to let you folks know I'm not entirely one-dimensional. I can tell you that the setting for this picture had a very eerie feeling to it.

Be well,

Tom
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited July 29, 2010
    Hi Liz,

Thanks for the kind words. I have to sneak in shots like this on occasion just to let you folks know I'm not entirely one-dimensional. I can tell you that the setting for this picture had a very eerie feeling to it.

Be well,

Tom
    Very nice capture, Tom, but the processing doesn't seem quite right to me. The high saturation and brightness of the grass doesn't say eerie. I think if you toned the greens down it would improve the image. Just thinking out loud...
    edited July 29, 2010
    Hi Richard,

As always, I appreciate your views. This was a somewhat strange scene. Above this low-slung cloud was an intense sun. That's why you see an unusually bright situation for one that is cloaked in such heavy cloud cover. The cloud bank seemed to actually somehow enhance the presence of all that light.....causing a bit of an unreal glow to things. I might have been able to manipulate the image to go for more of an eerie feeling than there is but I'm afraid I would have lost something about the odd lighting.

I'm not the greatest at PP skills, you know.

Take care my friend,

Tom
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    Ahh, I can only dream of jacket weather :D

Nicely composed shot Tom
    Randy
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    Nice shot, captures the environment and makes one contemplate where the loan figure is going.

Sam
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    Howdy Tom,

Neat Shot, really makes things much cooler here than the 100 degrees
    it's supposed to be this weekend:D

Love the look and feel of this one, it won't be long and it'll be Fall again.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited July 29, 2010
    Hi Randy,

Thanks for the compliment. That's high praise from you....I know how much you value good composition.

See you,

Tom
    edited July 29, 2010
    Hey Sam,

It's good to hear from you. That lone figure is my wife, Darlene. We were out for our usual morning walk around this lake. There were a few low-lying clouds still present in what was otherwise a brilliant, sunny day. I could see this " wall " of cloudy mist coming our way, so I ran back a ways to take this shot. By the time she got to that tree on the left, I could see neither her nor that tree. The cloud was that thick. Hence, it was like she had walked " into oblivion ".

Tom
    edited July 29, 2010
    Yo Craig,

Thanks for your kind words. Man, cool weather can't get here soon enough. I just back from the mountains and it was even hot up there....cooled off nicely in the evenings but some of the days were scorchers.

Tom
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    Hey Sam,

It's good to hear from you. That lone figure is my wife, Darlene. We were out for our usual morning walk around this lake. There were a few low-lying clouds still present in what was otherwise a brilliant, sunny day. I could see this " wall " of cloudy mist coming our way, so I ran back a ways to take this shot. By the time she got to that tree on the left, I could see neither her nor that tree. The cloud was that thick. Hence, it was like she had walked " into oblivion ".

Tom

Tom,

What's really interesting...to me...:D is I saw a "her" walking, but when I posted I clanged "her" to "loan figure" because I couldn't articulate why I thought the figure was female.

Sam
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    Great shot! I love the fog!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
    edited July 30, 2010
    Hi Ron,

Thanks for looking in and the nice comment.

Tom
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2010
    I like the title...very fitting.

Sure would like to enjoy a peaceful walk like that right now.
    edited July 30, 2010
    Hi Mary,

I hope you're doing well. The trail around this lake is a little over a mile....got to be one of the most beautiful walks a person can make.

Take care,

Tom