Options

CName help

caseservecaseserve Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
edited August 26, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I having a problem getting the cname to rdirect correctly. My hosting service (flysaturn.com(great service by the way)) has added a cname record as follows:
photos.caseserve.com points to caseserve.smugmug.com

I have gone into the smugmug interface and entered photos.caseserve.com but it is not working.

My goal is to have caseserve.com as my entry point that is hosted with flysaturn.com, then provide a link to actually view my gallery on smugmug that would be photos.caseserve.com that would go to caseserve.smugmug.com

I do not want users to know they left caseserve.com when they view my portfolio on smugmug.com. I was using a frame but people were having problems ordering becasue of the cookie issue using frames.

But unfortunatly the cname entry is not working, does anybody have any suggestions? I'm going to provide the url to this thread to my hosting company so they can also see if they are doing something wrong with the cname entry.

Thanks,
JCase

Comments

• Options
    jh4wvujh4wvu Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2005
    You need to have the CNAME record you create for your domain to point to www.smugmug.com.

More information can be found at http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts

Once everything is set right it may take a couple of days before it actually works.

Chris

caseserve wrote:
    I having a problem getting the cname to rdirect correctly. My hosting service (flysaturn.com(great service by the way)) has added a cname record as follows:
    photos.caseserve.com points to caseserve.smugmug.com

I have gone into the smugmug interface and entered photos.caseserve.com but it is not working.

My goal is to have caseserve.com as my entry point that is hosted with flysaturn.com, then provide a link to actually view my gallery on smugmug that would be photos.caseserve.com that would go to caseserve.smugmug.com

I do not want users to know they left caseserve.com when they view my portfolio on smugmug.com. I was using a frame but people were having problems ordering becasue of the cookie issue using frames.

But unfortunatly the cname entry is not working, does anybody have any suggestions? I'm going to provide the url to this thread to my hosting company so they can also see if they are doing something wrong with the cname entry.

Thanks,
    JCase