Options

Announcement!! Monthly contests

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited August 22, 2010 in Weddings
Click HERE to see all the challenges

Hi y'all.

I created a new contest category! Not only will we have monthly contests with a specific theme (like we used to), but we'll also have a MONTHLY wedding contest.

Anything goes:

Contest for August 2010:
Upload deadline is August 30th 2010
The winner will be selected by a poll, and will be announced on September 15, 2010

RULES:
>> Photo must have been taken in August 2010
>> You can upload up to 3 photos
>> ANY photos from a wedding / engagement shoot / trash the dress shoot are allowed
>> Please put your name under the photo (caption) +give it a title (feel free to also put your name on the photo itself)
>> Please don't upload high res files!

HOW TO UPLOAD A PHOTO:
go to: www.smugmug.com

login: DgrinExtras
password: knockknock

> Click on the monthly contest, for example:
Wedding Challenge (Mothly Contest) • 08/2010

> Upload up to 3 pics (top right corner / UPLOAD > TO THIS GALLERY)

When you upload a photo, please ad a caption with YOUR NAME, or your nickname + TITLE. Please do NOT upload full res files as I can't take any responsibilities for it and don't want the photo to end up in the wrong hands. Feel free to put your name on the photo.

Once we announce the winner, I'll download your photo and it will receive a 1st / 2nd / 3rd place badge :D

READY? SET! GO! :lynnma

Thank you + let's have FUN! :o)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 8, 2010
    :poke Lets gooooo guys. This weekend is already the second weekend in August! I bet you guys have *something* to show!!!?!?!?! cheerleader.gif
  • Options
    ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    :poke Lets gooooo guys. This weekend is already the second weekend in August! I bet you guys have *something* to show!!!?!?!?! cheerleader.gif
    Can we grandfather 7/31 into August?
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2010
    Lets do it, close enough :Dthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2010
    ZERO submissions??? REALLY?? Wow. That's kind of sad!! Alright ... there goes that idea ... I tried ... ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    ZERO submissions??? REALLY?? Wow. That's kind of sad!! Alright ... there goes that idea ... I tried ... ne_nau.gif
    I'm not sure I'm understanding this. This is a completely separate contest? I didn't realize that...

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2010
    I'm not sure I'm understanding this. This is a completely separate contest? I didn't realize that...

=Matt=

Well, that was the plan anyway. Thought it would give everybody an opportunity to show off what they've been up to, and post their best pic of the month. Guess we don't have enough full time shooters ... or enough people that would be interested in posting any pics .... or my English isn't good enough.
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    Well, that was the plan anyway. Thought it would give everybody an opportunity to show off what they've been up to, and post their best pic of the month. Guess we don't have enough full time shooters ... or enough people that would be interested in posting any pics .... or my English isn't good enough.
    Well, I gotta confess.... I understood... and I even had a pic or two in mind. But I just couldn't make myself get it uploaded to another gallery and do all the logout login stuff... Lazy with a capital L. Or I could say busy. Take your pick.

I thought it might be fun to try the "collect photo" thingie, but it was getting pretty tricky for my poor brain.
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2010
    Well, I gotta confess.... I understood... and I even had a pic or two in mind. But I just couldn't make myself get it uploaded to another gallery and do all the logout login stuff... Lazy with a capital L. Or I could say busy. Take your pick.

I thought it might be fun to try the "collect photo" thingie, but it was getting pretty tricky for my poor brain.

Oh no worries, I hear ya .... I am guilty too, but I thought it would be a nice opportunity for everybody that can't submit anything to the current "theme-contest" - for whatever reason. + I know there are enough lurkers that just surf around, and never post .... well ... anyway. Guess it was worth a try. It really only works if there are enough people excited about it, which isn't the case ... so .... ne_nau.gif + I really do believe the gallery view is nicer for the contests. I know it's a bit of a hassle to post, but to be honest, it's not THAT bad (and that's def not meant to be a comment against you - since you're one that always submits all these yummy treaties).

Anyway ... was a try .... Will take the gallery & post down shortly.
  • Options
    kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    I understood (a miracle in itself) however I am not a full time photographer and only do weddings every other month or so and have not done any in August. And I'm trying to post more too, but I guess I need to take pictures first. Anyway, I liked the idea.ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2010
    I hope we don't abandon the idea altogether - I'm finally starting to get enough real wedding experience to participate!

However, I think it might be a tad more effective if the contest was for the PREVIOUS month. Having pics from late in the month processed and up by the end of the month is a bit aggressive when the priority really has to be on delivering to the client. How about making September's contest for August pics?
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • Options
    happysmileyladyhappysmileylady Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2010
    kyeezie wrote: »
    I understood (a miracle in itself) however I am not a full time photographer and only do weddings every other month or so and have not done any in August. And I'm trying to post more too, but I guess I need to take pictures first. Anyway, I liked the idea.ne_nau.gif
    I hope we don't abandon the idea altogether - I'm finally starting to get enough real wedding experience to participate!

However, I think it might be a tad more effective if the contest was for the PREVIOUS month. Having pics from late in the month processed and up by the end of the month is a bit aggressive when the priority really has to be on delivering to the client. How about making September's contest for August pics?
    I am thinking both of these. I am not currently shooting any weddings, as I am just 4 weeks from delivering a baby. I won't have another wedding until at least October. Plus, I am just finishing up July stuff now!