Options

#56 Pan-dora's box

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited August 1, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Went back to the lake this evening I managed to get some more interesting shots - Friday evening brings more and better riders.

C&C always appreciated.

#1 Starting Out
952684061_8uaRt-L.jpg

#2 The Wind Up
952684630_D9vJ7-L.jpg

#3 Hey Ma, I can fly
952685347_nMG2s-L.jpg

#4 Airborne
952686612_sJNbz-L.jpg

#5 Take Off
952687942_YJoqj-L.jpg

Now to give light painting a try.
Or perhaps get a panning shot of some one light painting. :D
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2010
    I really like #2 - the subject (what you can see of him) is relatively crisp while there's a lot of good speed blur in the background, and that plume of spray screams action!

I like #1 as well, great expression. The airborne shots are *cool* but even panning there's so much subject movement that the blurry detracts from the whole image.
    edited July 30, 2010
    I'm voting for #2. I love the blurred water, while still being allowed to see his face.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2010
    Wow, #2 and #3 are super!!!
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    CdorothyCdorothy Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2010
    I love the first 3 but I think 2 is the best.
    Chris
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2010
    #1 and #2 have my vote. Nice job!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    #1 is really cute - the bright colors, the kids' concentration, but as far as the photo showing movement, it pales in comparison with the rest of these shots, & I'm not liking where the edge of the water hits the kid (in the neck). In #2, I really like the water movement against the crispness of the head, hands & rope (awesome that you can see the twists of the rope - great focus!). It's funny how I caught myself trying to look over the water to see more of the guy's face (which to me is a good point, because it draws me into the photo more). Great way to add intrigue! I like how #3, 4 & 5 show the boards out of the water (looks like a total blast!), but not seeing the faces is a downer. I'd vote for #2 - great shot!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    #2thumb.gif, the rest may have too much motion blur of the subject to stand out.
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2010
    red_zone wrote: »
    I really like #2 - the subject (what you can see of him) is relatively crisp while there's a lot of good speed blur in the background, and that plume of spray screams action!

I like #1 as well, great expression. The airborne shots are *cool* but even panning there's so much subject movement that the blurry detracts from the whole image.
    Thanks for the feedback red_zone. I knew #3 & #4 were pushing it but felt that the board and lead leg being sharp anchored the rest in #5 - but that's why we post for feedback isn't it - to test our assumptions.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2010
    kdotaylor wrote: »
    I'm voting for #2. I love the blurred water, while still being allowed to see his face.
    Thanks Kate.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• Options
    edited August 1, 2010
    photo-bug wrote: »
    Wow, #2 and #3 are super!!!
    Thanks Tatiana.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• Options
    edited August 1, 2010
    Cdorothy wrote: »
    I love the first 3 but I think 2 is the best.
    Chris
    Thanks for the input Chris.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• Options
    edited August 1, 2010
    SeascapeS wrote: »
    #1 and #2 have my vote. Nice job!
    Thanks Sandi.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• Options
    edited August 1, 2010
    lkbart wrote: »
    #1 is really cute - the bright colors, the kids' concentration, but as far as the photo showing movement, it pales in comparison with the rest of these shots, & I'm not liking where the edge of the water hits the kid (in the neck). In #2, I really like the water movement against the crispness of the head, hands & rope (awesome that you can see the twists of the rope - great focus!). It's funny how I caught myself trying to look over the water to see more of the guy's face (which to me is a good point, because it draws me into the photo more). Great way to add intrigue! I like how #3, 4 & 5 show the boards out of the water (looks like a total blast!), but not seeing the faces is a downer. I'd vote for #2 - great shot!
    Thanks for the detailed feedback I appreciate it.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• Options
    edited August 1, 2010
    #2thumb.gif, the rest may have too much motion blur of the subject to stand out.
    Thanks for the feedback Aaron.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page