Options

New Bridal Shoot

pinkymalingpinkymaling Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited August 5, 2010 in Weddings
This is a shoot we did last weekend and I have mad love for it. Just wanted to share a few with y'all

Everything we do is in book form because that is how we make our $.

948354955_Tuuf4-M.jpg

948356299_qFogp-M.jpg

948337073_edSmL-M.jpg

948326816_tsoFN-M.jpg

948340305_8hwvV-M.jpg

948351383_mjt3S-M.jpg

948338438_HwJku-M.jpg

948332282_SNV7v-M.jpg

948345730_tGsvv-M.jpg

And here is a link to the video slide show of the shoot:
http://www.backdrop-photography.com/Wedding-Videos/Christina-Luke-Video/13089906_EDsJ3#948753329_8siuu-A-LB

Thanks Everyone
Evelyn Grace

Comments

• Options
    AroundDWorldAroundDWorld Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2010
    Love your work.....enjoyed the video!!! :)
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2010
    Thank you AroundDWorld:) I always appreciate a compliment.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2010
    that's some fantstic stuff..the couple sure poses well!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    Very unique style - I almost think I'd call it "Brideoir".

However, while the image quality is outstanding, I'm just not sensing the emotion between the couple. Maybe that is the intent, but to me it has a staged feeling, almost like stills from a movie with actors portraying the bride/groom. To me, the images portray more tension or suspense than genuine passion.
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • Options
    shmingshming Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    Ross - Yep - you nailed it!!! -- Evelyn wanted to go with a themed shoot. She wanted Christina to seem cold to Luke. Funny thing is in their real relationship that is how they really are, they broke up and got back together 2 weeks before the shoot. Ain't that fitting. Evelyn has been waiting to do a "theme" like this for a long time and I'd hate to say it but "I think she got the perfect couple in the perfect situation" Sad but true - They are not going to make it.
    KLinh
    Klinh Evelyn Grace Photography
    Fashion & Commercial
    (2)Mamiya RZ67 IID, Mamiya 645 AFD II, Leaf Aptus 65, Profoto D1's, Capture One.
    http://www.klinhevelyngracephotography.com
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2010
    Hey Darren, Thank you:) We got your message the other day. Klinh and I meant to get back to you but we have had a series of mishaps at the home front. Yeah! that bride was something else huh. Price shoppers are always someone to turn down. At least in our opinion. Quality should be forefront. I know she has the $$ but doesn't want to put it down for the photographer. We just wanted to refer her as a filler for you if you wanted it but I just knew we would have a personality clash with her. Maybe one day we will get together for that engagement shoot we wanted. Until then...we will keep this network growing:)
    BTW...I noticed that you changed your site. I love it!
  • Options
    ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    shming wrote: »
    Ross - Yep - you nailed it!!! -- Evelyn wanted to go with a themed shoot. She wanted Christina to seem cold to Luke. Funny thing is in their real relationship that is how they really are, they broke up and got back together 2 weeks before the shoot. Ain't that fitting. Evelyn has been waiting to do a "theme" like this for a long time and I'd hate to say it but "I think she got the perfect couple in the perfect situation" Sad but true - They are not going to make it.

Well in that case, Evelyn nailed it! Thanks for setting the stage. Too bad about the couple's challenges, though.
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    These are really good...and the presentation...most intriguing. Nice work. Before I read later that it was an actual couple, I was thinking that you had hired a couple of models.

Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    DanspageDanspage Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2010
    Wow great photos. I think I played the video 5 times!

Did you add light to the shoot? I ask because many bedrooms I have been in have really poor light. I have problems with dark shadows in a small room with a bounce off the walls and ceiling. If you did add light you did a great job, I can't see hardly any harsh shadows.
    Daniel
    http://danspage.smugmug.com/
    Scratch Nikon I switched to
    Canon 5d mark II
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2010
    Daniel - we brought some strobes with us to the shoot but chose not to use them. Everything you see here is side lighting using on camera flash 580ex II. We didn't bounce off of any ceilings. Everything was either the wall behind or to the side of the subjects. Every shot you see at eye level to the subjects a monopod or tripod was used. I tend to shoot wide open but Klinh is not a big fan of shooting wide open so without looking at the metadata I'm going to make the assumption that his ISO was a lot more sensitive to the light than mine (it always is). He tends to purposely over expose his shots and then drops the mids using curves in post (that's his shadow trick) - but you need a monopod or a tripod to pull it off. In fact I don't really think he pays too much attention to what the meter is telling him, he is always telling me that the camera's meter is just a suggestion.

Hope this helps and Thank you for the compliments.