Options

Odd question

Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited August 6, 2010 in Weddings
After some status updates on the FB, it left me to wonder some questions-

1.) Do you have a special area/place that you can get into the "zone" to edit?
2.) Do you like to edit in pjs/boxers/in the nude? Or do you have to dress up?
Food & Culture.
www.tednghiem.com

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2010
    Ted you crack me up.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2010
    After some status updates on the FB, it left me to wonder some questions-

1.) Do you have a special area/place that you can get into the "zone" to edit?
    2.) Do you like to edit in pjs/boxers/in the nude? Or do you have to dress up?

I like to do 100 pushups, eat a hardboiled egg and dry toast, put on some old school Wham albums...bingo bango bongo..I am ready to edit!

"Wake me up before you go go" indeeed!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2010
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2010
    I am being serious here. ne_nau.gif >.>

i like to do weight lifting and running before I edit. Sweat before you edit, you know? And in my boxers and near nekkidness.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    Usually, I rock the jammies while I edit. I do have a couple albums/sound tracks I prefer as well. The Beatles are good, Duffy, Buffy The Vampire Slayer Once More With Feeling, but usually I listen to my friend Bazile's The Sojourn of Professor Narducci. I put on the headset and tune everything else out.

Did I mention coffee? I drink a lot of coffee.

Caroline
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    Ha ha, sorry Ted... I was just laughing since this is such a piggy back off of our funny facebook convo.
    Me...In the morning, I have to be fully dressed... hair / makeup fixed... slippers on... Coffee is a given... Pandora blasting... before I can truly focus on editing. I can play at it before that, but it doesn't get serious or focused until I feel in "working mode". I say that, but at this exact mooment I am wearing my fluffy pink bathrobe... and have sleep tousled hair. But that could be because I am fully caught up on my editing. (For about 2 hours, ha ha) Now... if I get up to work during the night, who knows what I wear.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    With out photos it didn't happen!!! We want photos!!!

Please note we don't want to see any photos from Moogle Pepper, we will take your word for it. :D

Sam
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2010
    Sam wrote: »

Please note we don't want to see any photos from Moogle Pepper, we will take your word for it. :D

Sam

I was just about to post an image too. :(
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010

rolleyes1.gifcheerleader.gif
  • Options
    SurfdogSurfdog Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    While I edit, under my clothes I am completely naked. mwink.gif
    http://www.dvivianphoto.com

Don't worry. I can fix you in photoshop.
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    There are some things better left unsaid and to the imagination. However since you asked, I will warn you what you are about to see can not be unseen......

On 2nd thought perhaps remain a mystery. But I can tell you that for me editing in medical scrubs is the way to go with comfort for me. And a fine beverage, some times adult, in the cup holder to my left, cause the 2nd monitor and mouse are on the right.

And when I am really doctoring up photos, I have a Lab Coat.

Really these are all true stories.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    But I can tell you that for me editing in medical scrubs is the way to go with comfort for me ...

rolleyes1.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    ShayebrydShayebryd Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    There are some things better left unsaid and to the imagination. However since you asked, I will warn you what you are about to see can not be unseen......

On 2nd thought perhaps remain a mystery. But I can tell you that for me editing in medical scrubs is the way to go with comfort for me. And a fine beverage, some times adult, in the cup holder to my left, cause the 2nd monitor and mouse are on the right.

And when I am really doctoring up photos, I have a Lab Coat.

Really these are all true stories.

:whew
    "My favorite thing is to go where I've never been!"
  • Options
    ShayebrydShayebryd Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Surfdog wrote: »
    While I edit, under my clothes I am completely naked. mwink.gif
    :lol4
    "My favorite thing is to go where I've never been!"
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    I have to edit wedding photos on my desktop, so that used to be at my house in IN, but now that I moved to CA and didn't have enough room for it in my new place, that would be at the office at work for my regular job (stay late to work on photos when I have to edit them). So when I used to edit at home, I edited in lounge around the house clothes. With the new location of my desktop though, that means I am in my dressed up for work clothes.

I don't I've ever edited photos in the nude, but I do sleep that way, lol.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    Some people like to "set the mood" by turning the lights off and editing in the dark so their monitor seems nice and bright. This is never a good idea because it throws your eyes off and you're prone to thinking your images are brighter than they actually are. So I try and do all serious editing in a normally lit room, without any terrible color casts, etc.

Other than that, I just sit at my desk, or on the couch with my laptop, and plow through images while listening to some ambient kind of music. To get a good idea of the music I like to edit to, hmm. Maybe go on Pandora.com and type in Zero 7, or Mike Oldfield, or Tangerine Dream. :-)

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    CTMKimberlyCTMKimberly Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited August 5, 2010
    I get in the zone late at night when everyone in my house is sound to sleep...and listen to some Dave Matthews and BAM!...in the ZONE! ;)
    Definitely in my jams...which are the most comfortable yoga pants from Hawaii...and a tank. Comfy is key!
    ...and at my desk near everything I need to work. :)
  • Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2010
    Sam wrote: »

Sam

Since we don't want that, how about everyone post a pic of where you do your editing? Home office, studio, nook in your kitchen?

I'm at my day job right now but will throw one up later.
  • Options
    liflanderliflander Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2010
    Re: Odd question
    Matthew raises a critical point about room light affecting final image color and brightness and contrast (despite this being a funny thread). In fact, there are probably fanatics out there that wear only black while editing to minimize screen reflections.

LiflanderPhotography.com
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    liflander wrote: »
    Matthew raises a critical point about room light affecting final image color and brightness and contrast (despite this being a funny thread). In fact, there are probably fanatics out there that wear only black while editing to minimize screen reflections.

LiflanderPhotography.com
    I'm positive that there are fanatics out there who will not wear any bright colors while editing. And I know for a fact that in the best labs, they paint the walls neutral grey.

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2010
    liflander wrote: »

LiflanderPhotography.com

I wear my natural close to olive oil color skin tone!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com