Options

Insurance - for Publicly Hung Prints

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited July 31, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Anyone have any idea if you can insure your prints that you hang in public businesses for sale and exposure??? when it was one or 2 here and there it was no big deal especially since they were kinda smallish 16x20 and smaller....now I am going large (30x40)...so I would like those honkers insured.....

Thanx
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    You probably need to talk to your agent about insuring "art". You might need a floater. I know that anything outside my studio isn't insured except my gear on a listed articles policy.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    Thanx CK
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    ChatKat wrote: »
    You probably need to talk to your agent about insuring "art". You might need a floater. I know that anything outside my studio isn't insured except my gear on a listed articles policy.

You mean a "rider" :)

I would guess that the business that is displaying your work has some coverage should something happen. But, this is a good question, please let us know what you find out. I no longer have a "photography insurance" policy since I am no longer running a business.