Mt. Adams as seen from Mt. Hood

LadukebobLadukebob Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited July 31, 2010 in Landscapes
Killing a little time waiting for the sun to set and I happen to look up and see this shot of my wife with Adams in the background. Using a Singh Ray polarizer.

p772692042-5.jpg
Nikon D90
18-105 mm
85 mm 1.8
10-20 mm
35 mm 1.8

kleinsmith.zenfolio.com

Comments

• dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    Nice shot but Adams is right in the center of the photo. A little more creative placement of your subject (which I'm assuming is Mt. Adams) would improve this photo in my opinion.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    dogwood wrote: »
    Nice shot but Adams is right in the center of the photo. A little more creative placement of your subject (which I'm assuming is Mt. Adams) would improve this photo in my opinion.

That's debatable. I'd say, since she's in focus and Adams is not, then she's the subject and Adams is the background. And she's perfectly framed in the right and lower 1/3 of the frame. The only thing I would have done differently is to fill the frame with her more.

It's all a matter of opinion. I like the shot.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    15524779-Ti.gif Nice image.

I'd crop down from the upper left corner. That would also get rid of that mysterious black thing in the air above Adams.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • LadukebobLadukebob Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    Icebear wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif Nice image.

I'd crop down from the upper left corner. That would also get rid of that mysterious black thing in the air above Adams.

Good eye, I hadn't noticed it until now.
    Nikon D90
    18-105 mm
    85 mm 1.8
    10-20 mm
    35 mm 1.8

kleinsmith.zenfolio.com