Female Asian Newbie

Jill.LouJill.Lou Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited August 5, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Well yes that doesn't only apply to driving skills... Just bought the camera and lense... and puppy is the only thing that I can think of...

3 days later, my dog hides under the bed as soon as I whip out the camera...

36827_414068926166_506536166_5212367_4312597_n.jpg

36827_414068931166_506536166_5212368_8271748_n.jpg

36827_414068941166_506536166_5212370_4850425_n.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited August 1, 2010
    Hi Jill and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. I don't see any pics. How To Post on Dgrin
  • Jill.LouJill.Lou Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    Hi Jill and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. I don't see any pics. How To Post on Dgrin

thanks, I just figured that out... I guess the word newbie just had a new meaning in my dictionary... :)
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Very nice! I love the perspective on the 1st and 3rd.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Hi Jill welcome to Dgrin ..... I really like the first pic. Cute dog great shot....thumb.gif
  • misterbmisterb Banned Posts: 601 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Everytime you take out your camera, have a dog treat ready- instant dog model!
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Welcome, and I hope you didn't tranquilize him for shot #3. :D

Sam
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited August 1, 2010
    Welcome!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Welcome aboard!
    Randy
  • Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    I love #3. I would frame that one.
    edited August 1, 2010
    thanks so much people.. you guys are so nice... it feels good hearing nice things from professional photographers... :D
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Welcome Jill -- I love your dog photos :D
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    Hi Jill,

I, too, welcome you to our forum. Fact is, very few of us function as professionals. Like myself, some may have sold some of their works at one time or another but not many ( though there are some ) would be termed working professionals. But we do, collectively, have a good bit of experience and knowledge under our belts and most are willing to openly share these things with new members. We've also had new members who teach us " old dogs " some new tricks. It's a nice, friendly group wherein we all benefit from our association.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited August 2, 2010
    ha... thanks Tom. I'm farrrrr away from teaching people tricks... :) I'm here to learn... and it's always nice when you see nice shots that catch your eyes... :)

I'll try to post more... criticism absolutely needed... :)
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    #3 is the winner. Way to get down on the floor!
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2010
    Some wonderful photos, Jill! You're off to a great start! Welcome to the DGrin family and have fun with your new hobby. clap.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2010
    Your pics are great and you will do well. You can tell that you think before you shoot... so you are off to a great start! It won't take long and you'll figure out what to shoot next!

I only have one issue.... with #3. That one hair is a little distracting. Other than that... it's great.
  • rookieshooterrookieshooter Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2010
    #1 and #3 are great but #2 I think the focus is off a bit. Welcome to the boards.
    edited August 5, 2010
    Your pics are great and you will do well. You can tell that you think before you shoot... so you are off to a great start! It won't take long and you'll figure out what to shoot next!

I only have one issue.... with #3. That one hair is a little distracting. Other than that... it's great.

haha... yes the hair... he's not the only one shedding... :D