Composite Critque wanted.

Tom K.Tom K. Registered Users Posts: 817 Major grins
edited August 7, 2010 in People
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm having fun creating composite photos where I take a random person from a street shot and place it into an HDR background. In this image I photographed the man a couple of years ago on the streets of New Haven. The background was photographed as HDR a couple of years ago in Hartford Connecticut.

What do you think?

BTW...the man is NOT Keith Richards.

4850985908_87b1dedd78_o.jpg
[/FONT]

4855334483_23f61d6464_o.jpg
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Visit My Web Site ~ http://www.tomkaszuba.com/

Comments

• CaspianCaspian Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    I like it. There are no immediate clues that it is a composite, like light from two different directions, etc. It is interesting the the BG was probably shot so that the doors and building front were the subject of the photo and therefore are in sharpest focus of that composite element. As a result, the musician and the doors are in sharpest focus and the middle ground appears a little softer. It adds to the surreal feel of the picture to have the appearance of such a deep DOF.
  • Tom K.Tom K. Registered Users Posts: 817 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Caspian wrote: »
    I like it. There are no immediate clues that it is a composite, like light from two different directions, etc. It is interesting the the BG was probably shot so that the doors and building front were the subject of the photo and therefore are in sharpest focus of that composite element. As a result, the musician and the doors are in sharpest focus and the middle ground appears a little softer. It adds to the surreal feel of the picture to have the appearance of such a deep DOF.

I am grateful for those astute observations Caspian.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Tom, great to see your work again. I looked at your website and it is phenomenal. Love your long exposure smoothies clap.gif

Dan
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    dlplumer wrote: »
    Tom, great to see your work again. I looked at your website and it is phenomenal. Love your long exposure smoothies clap.gif

Dan

+1,

and the composite looks very natural, I would not have suspected unless you told me....
    Aaron Nelson
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Tom K. wrote: »
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]BTW...the man is NOT Keith Richards.[/FONT]

Awesome image. And, of course it's not Keith Richards. He looks way too healthy.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Perfect match of foreground and background, and the compositing is done so well that I'd never have suspected it wasn't a single frame.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
    edited August 1, 2010
    Thank you all so much for the comments.
    edited August 3, 2010
    I just added a second composite image under the first one I posted.
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    Really cool!
  • trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    I am not a big HDR fan but I do like #1 especially the red /brown from the doors.
  • bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2010