Options

Nikon Non-USA and B&H A+

BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
edited August 3, 2010 in Weddings
Hello All,

Since this is the area where I lurk the most I figured I would post this here but Mods, if it needs to be moved, totally cool!:thumb

Anyways, in late May I purchased a non-usa model nikon 50 1.4. I continued to use my 35 1.8 but recently pulled out the 50 1.4. Let me preface by saying that I am used to shooting wide open with fast primes. Shooting at any ap on the 50 1.4 was slightly soft. Much more so than my 35 1.8. Finally I began some testing with it at 2.8 vs 2.8 on my tokina atx165 at 50mm.

It has a slight back-focusing issue. I assume thats what it is called when the sharp area of focus is slightly behind the plane of intended focus??

Anyways, long story longer, I called BH today and told them about my problem, now almost 2.5 months since I purchased.

They're response. "We are very sorry sir that you are having problems with your lens. Would you like to return or exchange it?" Needless to say, I wanted to exchange it, so they emailed me a free shipping label as well as a return/exchange authorization and made sure a new 50mm 1.4 will be waiting for me when they recieve my return.

Maybe this is normal service from them but for me as a long time buyer having never returned, it is a VERY welcome experience and I felt I needed to let everyone know about it! :thumb

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    awesome..that's why I stopped shopping around prices and just go BH or adorama.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 2, 2010
    It's good to hear of a company that still has good customer service. I also used to shop for price. After having gotten burned a couple times, I now buy from B&H or Adorama.
  • Options
    digger2digger2 Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    You get what you pay for
    Awesome service
  • Options
    ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2010
    captain78 wrote: »
    It's good to hear of a company that still has good customer service. I also used to shop for price. After having gotten burned a couple times, I now buy from B&H or Adorama.

I always shop for price, but when I factor in shipping and sales tax, I've never found a price that B&H didn't already beat or match with a phone call. Their customer support is the icing on the cake!
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • Options
    henryphenryp Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2010
    Thank you all for your kind words. This is very gracious and very gratifying.
  • Options
    BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2010
    Henry,

Your service to me has been amazing and I cant thank you enough.

Ben Simon