Options

Error when converting to jpg in DPP

jwtruth35jwtruth35 Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited August 3, 2010 in Finishing School
I bought a new computer recently because my old one died and was trying to do a batch of raw to jpg last night and I keep getting an error message and the process stops on the file where the error occured. As I try to re-start the batch where I left off, it gets an error pretty quickly even stopping on the first file the last time I did it.

I got the latest version of DPP from canon that's supposed to eliminate any problems with windows 7 (I was running Vista before) and everything is still not working. I always used to use DPP for this and now I'm stuck. I just got PS5 but don't know a way to batch using it since I'm pretty new to Photoshop in general and have just started to get my feet wet. I also want to be able to convert to jpg and keep the original raws like DPP does so I can do more editing on the raw files. My clients just want a sneak peek since my last computer died right before I could put the edited images I had prepared online so now I'm playing catch up. I don't have lightroom in case someone says use that.

I need these files yesterday so if anyone can help with this I would be grateful.

************Update**************** I just found the simple answer under my nose when exploring bridge. Maybe I should've looked at everything I got with PS instead of just using the old DPP software. I was going to just delete the thread but didn't see a delete tab.