New modeling website (NSFW)

codiac2600codiac2600 Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
edited August 10, 2010 in People
Just finished up a new site just to showcase my modeling work.

http://chris.fotoenvy.com

Let me know what you think and if you catch any mistakes please let me know asap!
-Chris :)
http://simplyphotostudio.com
http://decayedbeauty.com

Comments

• dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2010
    Chris:

Whole bunch o' comments for you. Very nice work but the presentation is, well, sloppy in my opinion.

Let's start with your url. It's not very personalized and is going to lead to lots of mistakes when people enter it manually. I can see a lot of people spelling "photo" like that instead of "foto", especially if you were to give the url over the phone. Is there a way to shorten the url to just your name?

Second, it's a flash site so it doesn't work on an ipad or cell phones. Is there a html option? I couldn't find that. Third, I found transitions between photos to be jerky and slow and I could not figure out how to stop the slideshow and view photos individually. Far better to let your viewer decide if they want to view the slideshow or not rather than forcing that.

Fourth, the "contact" etc tabs take a second or two to appear after clicking. Initially I thought they were dead links and just kept clicking. Then they open and that slideshow kept going in the background. I think it would be better if they opened on their own page.

I did finally figure out how to stop the slideshow, I couldn't figure out how to start it again! I finally hit reset on my browser and that seemed to work.

Oh, and clicking "home" doesn't seem to do anything for me either.

Again, your work is very nice, but I don't think the presentation does it justice.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2010
    I somewhat agree with the url, but the website and photos absolutely rock. While it is flash and somewhat a pain it's not viewable on my phone, it works great on my home desktop which, while it has a fast connection, isn't exactly the hottest tech speedwise.

I really like it man...nice work all around.
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2010
    Like others have said...fantastic work.

However, in addition to the url suggestion, the text needs work (imho)

About:
    Photographing models and fashion work takes more than just an eye... It takes experience, understanding of light and the ability to control it in every scene while pushing the model to new levels to build breathtaking imagery. [bordering on a run on sentence. also the intro needs to be reworked as it is a bit awkward - you are not photographing 'models' and 'fashion work']

Chris has years of experience in the model and fashion world and is a respected and published photographer in the field. He has built relationships with top leaders of fashion, hair and makeup in the area in which to tap their extensive resources to help build the perfect image for each and every shoot. [capitalize] whether you're serious about getting into modeling or just trying it out for fun we have all the resources for you and for any project.

If you're ready to experience what top end photography is like we challenge you to come in and be part of what we can offer. [delete: what; is like; in]

I didn't want to copy and paste the pricing text but that also needs to be reworked.

First paragraph needs to be redone or simply deleted:
    Knowing what is truly involved to capture an amazing image we offer two different packages to best fit your needs.

Hope that helps
    E
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2010
    Typed up a very thorough reply and then hit a freaking bookmark by accident and my page refreshed :bash

Others have already pointed out some of the issues I saw so I just wanted to say I love that your pics are front and center on the site and HUGE. Very nice. Fix the issues the others stated and you're set.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2010
    Just wanted to agree ... Loooove your work ... don't think the website is bad (the slide show didn't bother me, tough havign a gallery style would probably help) ... I see the "foto" comment, but hey, depending on the name, mistakes can be done there too)

But I wanted to comment on something else actually. I really love your work and think you totally under price yourself. Now, having said that, I know how annoying it get's when people say that, as they don't know where one lives + I don't know much about modeling / portfolio jobs, soooooo .... Anyway, I think $100 for a shoot is nothing, and not really worth the time you spend on the images. My 2 cents :)
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Anyway, I think $100 for a shoot is nothing, and not really worth the time you spend on the images. My 2 cents :)

I was kind of thinking the same thing but didn't say it. I'd have a lot of trouble talking myself into hauling all the gear required to take a shot as nice as some of these are out to location and setup for $100...not even taking into account the time in post work involved.
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    Looked it over
    > Seriously under priced.
  • toddbtoddb Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    ditto
    ditto on the seriously underpriced comment --- great work --- don't sell it cheap.
  • AntonlmAntonlm Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    Your pictures are fantastic!