Options

Free dvd burning software

jwtruth35jwtruth35 Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited August 7, 2010 in Finishing School
Can anyone tell me where to get a program to burn jpegs or whatever to a dvd for archiving? The problem with the one I have is it won't burn a large amount to multiple discs. I have to try to guess how much I can fit on one disc then run the program as many times as I need to get everything copied

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2010
    the problem I have had with software that will ask for more disks when one is full is that, the ones I have used, would burn a partial of the last file and put the rest on the new disk and that meant I lost one file per disk.....I now use Roxio Creator....and always burn with the classic part of the burner.....it will tell you how many disks it will take to burn your photos...but I always just add folders until I get to approx 85-90% of the disk full and quit......now instead of buring disks to archive I use 3 internal hard drives in an external dock...and I am switching from desktop drives to laptop drives to save even more space.....plus a SmugMug site to keep all of my jpgs in for a 4th back up......
    Hard drives are actually way cheaper than even just retail disks any more and take up waaaay lesss room.

Good Luck
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Merlin_AZMerlin_AZ Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2010
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2010