Options

DSS 56 - Two additional options

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited August 6, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Just to complete the loop. I went out and took several standard panning shots in my normal late-night street style. Do these ring anyone's bell? More accessible than the Urban Abstracts?

1)
958425746_CBMvc-XL.jpg

2)
958425295_gJPJ2-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2010
    I like 1 - good sense of movement and good all-around exposure while the scooter riders are in pretty good focus.
    #2 - is the depth of focus really shallow? it kind of bugs me that the front and rear of the scooter are both quite blurred but the middle is crisp. also the sky is grey and is a field of noise. I'm not saying there's not noise in #1 but it's easier to ignore for me.

I actually still like the first go-around better with the two bicyclists and the abstract-ness of the streaking lights. It's growing on me despite my original objection to the subjects not being sharp.

Hope this helps! great set!
    edited August 5, 2010
    I like #2 a lot. Tell him to get off his cell phone!

And wear a helmet!
  • Options
    silvereyesilvereye Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2010
    Man, those are both shot very well.. Im leaning more for #2,, I like the comp better I think. I think, thought it is a very nice image the right hand side of #1 is taking away from the focal point., just my 2 cents though
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2010
    No. 2 - I like the bike being the main subject and think the lights around him are really cool.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    I guess I'd like the subject to be a bit more in focus..
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6