Options

Various questions on Galleries

NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
edited August 27, 2005 in SmugMug Support
PROBLEM & QUESTION: I have a gallery that I marked as "private" in the "Other" category. When I'm logged on, I see the "Other" category on my Home page with a picture from a non-private gallery within that category. When I open the "Other" category, the private gallery is visible, but it indicates "Private Gallery" in red. That's as it should be, right? However, when I log off, suddenly the order of my categories change on my home page, and a different picture is showing on the "Other" category, and it's one from my private gallery! And the private gallery is visible! Seems like "private" only works when I'm logged on! Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?
(Edited to this this additional information: This private gallery is also a Sharegroup gallery. But that shouldn't make a difference, right?)

SECOND QUESTION: How can I sort my Categories so that my Categories always appear in a certain order? I notice that the categories jump to different locations on my home page depending on which one is the most recently updated.

THIRD QUESTION: How do I control which picture appears on the Category. I know how to set a default picture on a gallery, but can't figure out how to do it on a Category.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2005
    I think you are right about the private picture and gallery showing because it's a sharegroup. If you have seen a sharegroup, smugmug remembers that you're a legitimate viewer of it. To test this theory, open the cookie list in whatever browser you're using and delete the smugmug sharegroup cookie, which starts with an SG and the sharegroup link. I'll bet that after you do that, you'll no longer see private galleries when you're logged out.

And the answers to your other questions...are answers I want to know, as well! The home page gallery sorting doesn't seem as flexible as the rest of smugmug.
  • Options
    NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2005
    Thank you colourbox! That is exactly right. I got rid of my cookie, and my private gallery became private. Such a simple answer to a question that has been bugging me for two days! If only I had posted my question sooner.

As for my other two questions - I sent a note to Smugmug help. Maybe I'll get an answer there, and of course I'll pass it along.

Again, thank you!
    Yolanda
  • Options
    silicasilica Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2005
    I'd like to learn the answers to questions number two and three, also. :):
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2005
    I know the answer to number 2. Set to sort by position, then you order the postion by typing in the number you want them to appear in (i.e. 1 is first 2 is second, etc).
    Richard