Collection of waterfalls

sdways01sdways01 Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
edited August 6, 2010 in Landscapes
The last couple of weekends I have been up in Northern NH either camping, hiking, or sight seeing. Here are a few of the waterfalls that we went to.

Garfield Falls from down stream

956343985_zwiUd-L.jpg

Garfield Falls from a cliff across the stream

956345397_e36V8-L.jpg

Silvade Cascade from the main viewing area

948527988_rRigS-L.jpg

Silvade Cascade from the main viewing area

948529058_X6dUZ-L.jpg

Arethusa Falls

949692794_ex8xn-L.jpg

Arethusa Falls base

949694982_cD4Fc-L.jpg

Arethusa Falls - To show the scale of the falls here is my girlfriend and I near the base

949694446_a7c5b-L.jpg
http://www.adamclarkmedia.com

"If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?" - Anonymous

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2010
    Adam-
    Nice job with these. I'm always on the lookout for waterfalls to hit up in NH/VT!
    Garfield is nicely captured.
    Silver is a tough one...I've tried shooting that one as well but it's hard with the narrowness of the falls to bring it out.
    Arethusa is quite impressive in scale. Now I can only imagine how it might look in the Spring after a good thaw. Is the base of it dry because of the dry Summer or does it always appear that way?
    E
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2010
    #1 is fabulous! I love how the reflection of the falls is shimmering. thumb.gif
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2010
    very nice. i think #2 is my favorite... i like the strong diagonal composition and the movement of the water...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • sdways01sdways01 Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    eoren1 wrote: »
    Arethusa is quite impressive in scale. Now I can only imagine how it might look in the Spring after a good thaw. Is the base of it dry because of the dry Summer or does it always appear that way?
    E

In the first picture of Arethusa Falls it looks dry at the base because those are the rocks down stream. That pictures was before I moved closer after waiting for other hikers. The falls cover far enough across the rocks coming down everything is wet on the drop and base. My girlfriend's and my backs got quite wet where we were standing for the last picture.
    http://www.adamclarkmedia.com

"If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?" - Anonymous