Newbie wants your comments!

MerrygMerryg Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited August 7, 2010 in People
Hi all! I am an amateur and would love to hear what I'm doing right or wrong! Any and all comments are appreciated! This was shot with a Nikon D3000 that I'm just learning how to use!

941582532_dzHe4-M.jpg

Comments

• trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2010
    You have picked a nice spot for a portrait. If you are new to shooting I would personally stay away from post processing and really focus on the fundamentals. When you are getting what you want straight out of camera then start dabbling with post processing to help produce the feel you want. Read through your manual, know your camera. There are a lot of great posts on this site, so you have come to a great place to learn. Beware of lusting after new gear. One of my favorite portrait photographers has used only one lens for the past year or two and produces amazing images. Enjoy...
  • MerrygMerryg Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited August 6, 2010
    Thank you! Great advice!
  • warpig602warpig602 Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2010
    I agree with the above comments. It seems today more emphasis is placed on PP than camera skills. I have seen skilled photogs match an amateur who is proficient in PP. I dont know how to use PP software so it forces me to learn to get it right in the camera. As for the picture I like the angle but its a little hot under the eyes, top of the hand and arms. Maybe that was what you were after and if so maybe try scaling it back a bit.