Options

Lindsey and John e-session

WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
edited August 8, 2010 in Weddings
This wonderful couple scheduled an e-session, paid in full in advance, and she was flying in from TX. The entire day it RAINED and RAINED! I was sweating bullets! Well, 30 minutes before the shoot the clouds parted and the sun came out...woo!

Some back story on the fish photos...FUNNY. Our 3rd and final location the parking had one spot so I gave it to them and I went to park a block away. As I am walking back I see this red dress jumping a fence and running barefoot through the creek with about 30 fisherman staring dumbfounded. I sprinted and jumped the fence. Well, while I was parking John thought he would whip out his fishing pole...snagged one in less than a minute! I am sure the guys that were out there for hours were pissed! :rofl So that is the story. Now the photos....

What do you think?

1. p122718008-4.jpg

p778448225-4.jpg

p747848080-4.jpg

p936946784-4.jpg

p858454412-4.jpg

p109303092-4.jpg

p847147552-4.jpg

p682099071-4.jpg

p640286681-4.jpg

p894149466-4.jpg

p675117369-4.jpg

p1054017145-4.jpg

Let me know what you think!

The whole set can be seen at http://wachel.net/p352030116

Thanks!
Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook

Comments

• Options
    DanspageDanspage Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    Nice Photos.

#10 is a little blue and needs more contrast.
    #9 and #7 are just a little off
    #11 is my fav. but has just a little to much room above the head.
    #8 I like
    #1 needs a touch of contrast it would be nice if you could get it to look more like #11
    your black and white photos are great

Could I do better---- I don't think so.
    Great job
    Daniel
    http://danspage.smugmug.com/
    Scratch Nikon I switched to
    Canon 5d mark II
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    Generally I'd say they're nice photos .... but what I'm missing are some candid (looking) photos. The couple looks in pretty much all of the photos straight into the camera. Try to loosen them up a bit, and you'll see you'll get some great shots. Having said that, I would have also tried to show more of "Alaska" in the photos, since the girl flew in from Texas ...
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2010
    Thanks Daniel. I appreciate the comments. I tried to leave room for other crops depending on what the couple orders so that is why some may have more room around the edges.

Angie...thanks for the comments. Yeah, there aren't as many candids as I would like. There are a few more of them in the set that are on my web page. I also agree with the more of AK in the photos. I hope to get better with each shoot. I usually shoot kids so this is a departure for me.

Thanks again for the comments!
    Michael

Facebook
  • Options
    bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2010
    I'm not so big on the last shot, but the others are excellent. You had great light and the couple was clearly very comfortable with you.
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2010
    Ben, thanks for the comments. They were great to work with and we had a blast.
    Michael

Facebook