New 40 MP Pentax 645....

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited August 10, 2010 in Cameras
Video of the New 40MP Pentax 645..... http://tinyurl.com/2dkdeyb
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited August 6, 2010
    Thanks Art. Good catch. clap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    Yeah after drooling over the leica s2 for awhile I saw this pop up :) it is indeed another drool worthy camera
  • gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    That looks like a great camera...yet another toy I will never have! haha
    Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.
  • OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    richy wrote: »
    Just finished watching it, pretty good video and props to Pentax for letting a random desk warmer do the interview rather than paying Andy Rouse or a professional presenter to do it. I got the feeling the entire way through he wanted to shout "mom im on tv".
    The camera itself seems pretty good. Its a shame theres no ability to switch out to a film back. I'd love 6x7 digital but that just isn't happening for a long time yet. I loved when he was struggling to speak about the features carried over from the film bodies. Film MF cameras don't have features. They just take pictures hence the two features are a sync socket and a mirror lock button.
    I had kind of hoped Pentax would be very brave an try something new, like in body or in lens VR\IS. I doubt it is impossible in MF, perhaps just difficult? It would set them apart for sure. The R&D costs couldn't be that high as theyre just migrating technology. The level feature is nice but redundant for the most part as spirit levels are cheap and easy and reliable and dont take up your screen. Plus there is only a few of us nuts who hand hold MF cameras.
    Have they released pricing for it yet? I'm thinking they will punt it around the30-40k range. The mamiya \ phase one range is not any less attractive compared to the pentax.

The pentax 40MP cam is around $10k and the Leica S2 is $20-27k depending on the package you buy