Options

baldy's helicopter ride

2»

Comments

• Options
    kwalshkwalsh Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2005
    Baldy wrote:
    Don't count me out for IronMan September 17th. My specialty is overcoming adversity.
    Glad your OK. Best wishes!

Ironman vs. Truck, Ironman wins.

Remember, when people ask you what happened to your face just say, "You should see the other guy."

Ken
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2005
    Baldy, I took the DRZ out today to try your mapping function and give you a mini ride report since you cannot ride at the moment. It worked well. I just need to see if my GPS will give me Dd coordinates so I don't have to make conversions. thumb.gif

Here is my first mapping test.
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2005
    Baldy, here's to moving fingers and moving toes beer.gif !!!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited August 28, 2005
    patch29 wrote:
    Here is my first mapping test.
    Nice! And unlike yesterday, I don't see them as doubles. mwink.gif

I had decided months ago that this was my last IronMan for the forseeable future. I want to invest all the time I can into Smugmug and Digital Grin, which I love, and IronMan training takes too big a bite out of my day.

But I'm not looking for an excuse to bail from this one.
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2005
    Get well soon
    :hurt:sick

A couple thousand "family" members miss you.
    Our prayers are with you.

Snappy
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2005
    iloveyou.gifnod.gifiloveyou.gifdeal.gifdeal.gifdeal.gifdeal.gif behave and listen to the nurses..

we miss you and are thinking of you1drink.gif
  • Options
    PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    .... see them as doubles.
    Baldy wrote:
    Nice! And unlike yesterday, I don't see them as doubles. mwink.gif

I had decided months ago that this was my last IronMan for the forseeable future. I want to invest all the time I can into Smugmug and Digital Grin, which I love, and IronMan training takes too big a bite out of my day.

But I'm not looking for an excuse to bail from this one.
    Best wishes Baldy and family, devastating experience. My two eyes looked "like that" after a horseriding smash years ago - I still get the double vision as the broken cheekbones cut under the eye muscles - I capitalise on it as an excuse for the oof shots. (And yes of course I got back on the horses).
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,887 moderator
    edited September 8, 2005
    Baldy,

I don't know how I missed seeing this thread, but I'm glad to see you're doing much better.

In 1995, I was clossing an intersection on foot and got clipped by a car. According to a witness, I went up and over the hood and driver's fender and did a "pile-drive" into the pavement. After several surgeries I am mostly OK (not that I was ever "all OK") and I believe I am qualified to say I know a bit about what you went through.

I'm glad to see that you have such a positive attitude and sense of humor. This makes a tremendous difference in recovery.

Take care, keep getting better and thanks for your contributions to the photographic community.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums