FS: Canon 400mm f/2.8 USM non-IS (type I) - $3500

jlfielyjlfiely Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited August 7, 2010 in House of Canon
Hello everyone,

I'm selling my Canon 400mm f/2.8 USM non-IS (type I) for $3200.

The condition of this lens is excellent, in 100% perfect working order with no major damage, no dings, and no marks or pits on the glass. There are very minor paint scuffs on the inner lip where the lens hood attaches, and a minor scuff on the lens plate. There are two small flecks of dust caught up on the rear element of glass forward the drop-in filter which do not effect image quality. I am the second owner, and have taken meticulous care (as did the first owner)-- the glass came to me with a LensCoat and that coat has remained on since I've purchased it.

This lens comes with the following items:
- Original Canon "briefcase", in excellent condition
- Rear cap
- Hood
- Drop-in Gel filter holder, with permanent clear UV filter
- bonus Wimberly P-50 lens plate
- bonus LensCoat Realtrees Hardwood (Winter)
- bonus Extra drop-in ND (8x) filter AND holder

The date code is UI 1210, meaning it was manufactured in December 1994.

I've shot video with this lens for the past year (hence the 8x ND!), and the only reason I am selling it is that the autofocus system is 'fly by wire', requiring a Canon camera's power to operate-- this means that I cannot use the lens on other video systems, which is becoming a requirement for my work.

Buyer will incur half the paypal fee (1.5%), and actual shipping/packing costs by their method of choice. Paypal is highly preferred. This lens must be shipped before the 18 Aug before I leave for Louisiana, or it will have to wait for Christmas!

View all photographs here!

Comments