Dandelion

RxRickRxRick Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited August 11, 2010 in Landscapes
This is probably too pedestrian for most of you, but I kinda like it. I'm open to any and all comments.

693619270_6ztvt-X2.jpg

--RxRick

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2010
    Pedestrian or not, I like your DOF and how the dandelion stands out. From a comp. perspective, I'd like to see the yellow flower head in some position other than dead center - that's the only thing that takes away from the originality you may be aiming for.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • RxRickRxRick Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2010
    Snowgirl wrote: »
    Pedestrian or not, I like your DOF and how the dandelion stands out. From a comp. perspective, I'd like to see the yellow flower head in some position other than dead center - that's the only thing that takes away from the originality you may be aiming for.

Thanks for that. I'm usually a pretty big rule-of-thirds adherent, but I thought this might be a break-the-rule situation. I'll try some different crops to see if I can find something more interesting.

--RxRick
  • bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2010
    I would mainly like to see the dandelion framed a little better. The stalks are hiding a little bit of the bottom left of the flower. I'm not opposed to keeping it dead center though. It's got a lot of impact.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2010
    Fantastic shot!
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • NiepceNiepce Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2010
    I like the dandelion where it is. Beautifully executed!
  • RxRickRxRick Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    Niepce wrote: »
    I like the dandelion where it is. Beautifully executed!

Thanks. I played around with it a bit and got this.

964762186_c3jbY-X2.jpg

--RxRick
  • jamesljamesl Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    RxRick wrote: »
    Thanks. I played around with it a bit and got this.

--RxRick
    Beautiful! Personally, I prefer the first one, as the high key on the grain or whatever really sets off the dandelion. I think it is perfect just as it is, and definitely a wall hanger!
  • NiepceNiepce Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2010
    jamesl wrote: »
    Beautiful! Personally, I prefer the first one, as the high key on the grain or whatever really sets off the dandelion. I think it is perfect just as it is, and definitely a wall hanger!
    I like the second one better.