Options

Bug Report - Event Thumbnail on Homepage

oceanthrstyoceanthrsty Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
edited August 9, 2010 in Bug Reporting
Working with a friend of mine on his SM site. www.anthonydjurenphoto.com

We had a small glitch that we were able to work around... Just figured I'd point it out.

We had created an event and put a gallery into the event as a place holder saying "Coming Soon". Today we added the galleries into the event and at the same time marked the "coming soon" gallery for deletion. The galleries we added were empty. We saved the event and things were working fine. We uploaded the photos from lightroom. Things were working great except one thing... On the website homepage the event thumbnail said "Empty Gallery" even though we had completly populated all the galleries in the event with photos. Tried refreshing the page and on another computer.

The simple fix was basically in the event settings we UNchecked "feature on homepage", saved the event, REchecked "feature on homepage" and we were good to go.

No big deal. Just wanted to inform.

Thanks! Keep up the good work guys! :D

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 9, 2010
    The event was taking the thumbnail from the first gallery added to it. Just like categories, they take the thumbnail from the #1 position. I think what you did by removing it from the homepage was the best way to reset. I will look to see if there is a way we can make it easier.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com