Options

iPad app allows for right-click copy

LilyRoseLilyRose Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 7, 2010 in Bug Reporting
Maybe I'm doing something wrong - I just began building my pro site and from my knowledge, I have all my galleries protected from copying.

I was told by a friend that they were able to download a picture of mine, from their SmugMug iPad app - though my pictures are proctected if viewed from a desktop or laptop, from the right-click copy option.

Any idea why the iPad SmugMug app allows the right-click copy feature to still work??? :dunno

Thanks,

LilyRose
www.lilyrosememories.com

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2010
    I don't know anything about the iPad app, but just so you realize. Right-click protection is barely any protection at all, even in a browser. It can be bypassed in seconds by someone who knows what they're doing. If you want your images protected, you should limit the max display size to something you are comfortable with and you should watermark your images with a subtle semi-transparent, but effective watermark. That is the only way to actually protect your images.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    LilyRoseLilyRose Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 7, 2010
    I am aware that there is a way for others to bypass the protection. I'll be sure to limit the max display size and everything has been watermarked.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2010
    We do honor RCP... They should get a blank file - spacer.gif - try it :)