Options

LR3 presetting question

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited August 7, 2010 in Finishing School
Hello all,
I'm new to Lr3 and presetting. Prior to this, I was using Picnik to edit.
I am going through some tutorial but I'm confused about free presets.
I have downloaded said presets to my computer but they are zipped files.
The tutorials say to unzip the file in order to import them into LR3.

How do you unzip a file?:dunno

Thanks in advance.
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2010
    For most OSes it is simply double clicking it to open and then dragging the contents out. The other option could be to right click on the file. If these don't work, let us know what the operating system is and I can give more information
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    gtuckergtucker Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2010
    If you are on Windows you right click>unzip all or something along those lines, if you're on a mac you just double click on it and the os does it for you and extracts it to the same root folder.

Then getting them into Lightroom is super easy.
  • Options
    GlassDarklyGlassDarkly Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2010
    Importing Develop Presets
    This is based on the assumption that you are importing Develop Presets, but I believe the same principles apply to any Module Preset you want to import. I Use Windows OS and have used both of the following methods:

Manual Import:
    Unzip the preset to the following location based on OS version. If you do not see the App Data folder you may need to go into Folder Options in Windows Explorer and enable (uncheck or Option Button) 'Show Hidden Files and Folders'

Windows 7 & Vista
    C:\Users\*User Name*\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets

You may have to close and reopen LR to see the new presets in the Develop Module.

OR

Automatic Import and export of a Develop Preset inside LR:
    You can export presets you’ve created to share with colleagues or to use on a different computer. Preset templates are saved with an .lrtemplate extension.

To export a preset, right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) a preset and choose Export. Type the name of the preset template file and click Save.
    To import a preset, right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) the area where you want the preset to appear and choose Import. Double-click the preset template file.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Lightroom/3.0/Using/WS2A36C507-E076-4b14-AAC3-87852595D175.html
    Glenn H.
    For we see as in a glass darkly...
    PhotoBeanStudio
    JPSnuffy@Flickr