Dry Docked

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited August 10, 2010 in Landscapes
I've been meaning to get a shot of this boat for a while now. Salem had a Maritime festival yesterday which gave me all the excuse I needed.

961635350_YoG4g-L.jpg

The dynamic range there was incredibly high. Ended up taking 22 shots at 2/3 EV spaces to capture it all. Tossed away those that brought back detail in the window as they mostly showed power lines.
So...does it 'work'?
E

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2010
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2010
    I like it. Good shot at managing image content in a tight spot. Well composed! thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • snowman1snowman1 Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2010
    Very nice capture

Doug

http://dougsphotos.smugmug.com/
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2010
    Thanks guys!
    Greatly appreciate your input
    E
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    Sweet! Nice work. HDR is a source of much frustration for me. You seem to have it figured out.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    Nicely done! thumb.gif

I find myself wishing there was more space around the boat...the interior of the structure looks like it would be very interesting and perhaps add to the feel.
    edited August 10, 2010
    Icebear wrote: »
    Sweet! Nice work. HDR is a source of much frustration for me. You seem to have it figured out.

Not quite yetmwink.gif You should see some of the crap that comes out of the program at timeseek7.gif
    edited August 10, 2010
    Ric Grupe wrote: »
    Nicely done! thumb.gif

I find myself wishing there was more space around the boat...the interior of the structure looks like it would be very interesting and perhaps add to the feel.

Me Too!
    It is VERY tight in there. It is a reproduction of the old storage house for tea so you have boxes piled up around and these big old barrels (that I set the tripod on) as a barrier between that section and the boat. There are stairs leading up to the right of the photo but that area is closed and monitored by alarm - I would have loved to shoot from up there rolleyes1.gif
    E