Is this really August?..

scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
edited August 10, 2010 in Landscapes
Still waiting for the wildflower show at Mount Rainier to start so I spent an especially soggy day in the North Fork Nooksack River valley shooting waterfalls.

1. Unnamed waterfall on Wells Creek. My Manual Focus/Auto Focus switch shifted to manual in my backpack & I didn't catch it at the time. I'll re-shoot this fall..
963261872_n3ruQ-L.jpg

2. Wells Creek Falls. Waded upstream to finally get a better shot. I had to battle both driving rain & spray from the falls for this.
963262194_UMptG-L.jpg

3. Unnamed waterfall on Twin Lakes Rd
963262479_gSxuB-L.jpg

4. Bagley Creek #1
963262679_h3YEC-L.jpg

5. Bagley Creek #2
963262874_Wyeke-L.jpg

Thanks for looking..

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2010
    "I had to battle both driving rain & spray from the falls for this." - it was worth it - nice composition on this one.
    4 looks a bit hot in the highlights. the foliage looks awesome though.
  • snowman1snowman1 Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2010
    Some very nice photos

Doug

http://dougsphotos.smugmug.com/
  • astockwellastockwell Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2010
    5 is awesome from a composition standpoint. The rapid lead the eye right into the photo really cool. 2 is also a great shot, composition wise, and lighting wise. Good work.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2010
    If i had to pick 1 picture from this amazing series that would be 2nd, it is so Dreamatic!
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    Thanks, everyone. I don' know how but I originally overlooked #5 when I was going through my set. It's definately one of my favorites from this day.

Eoren1- fair comment about the water highlights in #4. I wasn't as aggressive with the recovery tool in ACR since I was more focused on adding fill light due to the black rocks & moss in the foreground. I remember seeing some of the highlights go red but thought it wasn't a bad tradeoff.
  • RxRickRxRick Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    I like #5 the best, but I like the colors in #2. Nice set.

--RxRick